My brain worked yesterday at the WT study

by BonaFide 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

AGuest:

My Lord was absolutely affected when he touched a leper. In fact, he took on the individual's leprosy so that it left them and went into him. Just as he took on the illness causing the woman's 12-year flow of blood. As he took on the illness of those he resurrected from the dead. That is why he "felt power go out of him" - it went into those he healed and thus, left his body. He TOOK ON their sins. And he did it, NOT because he thought he would not be affected but... for it was that he knew he WOULD be... but even so, he felt PITY for them. So much so that HE took THEIR sins... into HIS body.

This makes absolutely no sense. If Jesus contracted leprosy, then people wouldn't have gone near him. And since he very likely didn't have a uterus, it's pretty unlikely that he contracted the woman's 'flow of blood' either.

• Undecided
    Undecided

God sure makes forgiving human's inherited sin complicated. We were born this way because God chose to make us this way. He chose to take another creature he created and cause him all that misery so he could use him as a sacrifice, like the pagans were doing to their mentally created Gods.

Evidently he doesn't like humans he made because he is going to change them into spirits if they believe all that stuff he had written in a book about a man that was born from a woman he got pregnant a few thousand years ago. (There are so many versions of what it says and means by religions that you don't know which one to listen too.) I guess I will burn in hell forever because I just can't seem to get it.

Ken P.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Was the whole point of jesus being on earth just to heal, I know it was one of the signs of him but he could have done as most TV healers do and just do a few dramatic ones making sure he used a cloth instead of touching them directly a new thing I noticed TV healers do just in case they really are touching an ill person with a contractable desease,

The point is Jesus came to do something specific the healing was a minor part of that because he new that that part wasn't the bit that was going to save them, because when jesus healed were the healed people free of desease forever? no! he just cured that specific illness at the time. The fact he did so much healing was because of pity, Constantly people just wanted him to heal them they weren't over bothered by his message that was proved by how few actually followed him to the end, he healed them knowing all this,

the lepers were just there and he touched and healed them, how many of us do something just out of kindness knowing it isn't going to change much?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Good one, Bona Fide! I think your answer MIGHT have gotten a few brains musing at least.

Before I quit the meetings for good, I tried to work in a few comments such as yours. I also did a few talks that might have alerted some that I was not simply 'regurgitating' the pablum that was on offer that week, if they were even actually 'listening'. Let the one who has an ear hear (ha ha)! Unfortunately, I began feeling like a salmon swimming upstream. It seems to me that the rank and file are prepared only to hear someone regurgitate; other than that, some radar goes off whereby their brain shuts down and the judging of that person as being 'unspiritual' starts...it is only now, now that I am out of the 'cancer' that I can truly see just how brainwashed the whole bunch is - totally shut off from reality! A comment like yours, one would hope, would at least get anyone with a functioning brain starting to think CRITICALLY! Good for you!

I could only do it for about six months. After that, I gave up and quit going to the meetings at all. Just listening to the bs in the rags being read from the platform became unbearable...but listening to the formulaic answers from the seats was even worse and to think I had been doing the same for years on end...it actually turned to revulsion. The more heads that wake up, the better, so kudos to you for having the guts to speak up! (and even drag yourself to the KH in the first place)

• AGuest
    AGuest
    please share that lord of yours around a bit and stop keeping him to yourself

I've done nothing but try to do that since I first came here, dear Wuzzy...

Peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    If Jesus contracted leprosy, then people wouldn't have gone near him.

People who were "bound" by the Law, no. Thus, they fell away when Judas showed them who he was. "Touch nothing unclean!" However, those whom he released from the Law, including those he cleansed OF such infirmities... would. First, because they knew what he had done for them... and others... and second, because, like him... they LOVED. SO much, that they wouldn't have let such a thing keep them from him. Surely, you get that...

And since he very likely didn't have a uterus, it's pretty unlikely that he contracted the woman's 'flow of blood' either.

If he were like some of us, no. But he was like Adham, yes? May I ask you... where did Eve come from? I mean, from OUT of whom? And why was that, exactly?

I bid you the greatest of peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I bet if Jesus were here today, he'd hug a disfellowshipped person...

Actually, he literally sought them out.

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Yep....And then at the end of the next meeting, you'd hear the announcment: "...Jesus Christ is no longer a member of the Christian congregation. Let's close the meeting with Song No. 113: Christ, Our Examplar...."

'Cause isn't that exactly was happened back then... and before? Matthew 23:30-32

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• mustang
    mustang
    seems to me that the rank and file are prepared only to hear someone regurgitate; other than that, some radar goes off whereby their brain shuts down and the judging of that person as being 'unspiritual' starts...it is only now, now that I am out of the 'cancer' that I can truly see just how brainwashed the whole bunch is - totally shut off from reality!

They are not unlike the R&F of any other Church, then, are they?

So, they might as well have what all the other Churches have: A LAITY CLASS!!!

Having a Laity Class would be the best thing that could happen to JW's.

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit