How do you put a pricetag on....

by purplesofa 13 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

TALENT

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Talent creates Value..You can always put a Price Tag on Value..You can`t buy Talent..........................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Gopher
    Gopher

http://dictionary.crossmap.com/definition/talent.htm

The Jewish talent (a denomination of money) seems to have equaled 3,000 shekels. That would be approximately $1500 (US).

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

you cant

• Robdar
    Robdar

An artist is entitled to charge the amount she thinks the art is worth.

Many years ago, a radio station I had worked for "accidently" let two of my commercials go to another radio station to air. The you know what hit the fan. I charged them double what I normally asked at the time and they paid it. They figured it was cheaper than a lawsuit.

My art is worth what I say it's worth. If the market likes what I produce, they will pay the price. The same goes for you.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The more you use it, the more it's worth. If you don't use it, it's worth nothing. Hard work makes the difference. Lots of people have more talent than many olympic athletes, yet, because they don't work at it, they can't go olympic.

S

• still-fading
    still-fading

You can't. I believe all of us have some hidden talent. There are only a few that recognize it and cultivate it.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Some artists actually charge by the square inch! For real.

My advice is to start at very low afforable prices. Then, as your work begins to sell, and you begin to gain reputation through shows, awards, media, community activity and contributions, prestigious collectors, etc. then you begin to raise your prices. Once your work is in demand and becomes recognizable, then let your prices reflect the supply/demand.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    My advice is to start at very low afforable prices. Then, as your work begins to sell, and you begin to gain reputation through shows, awards, media, community activity and contributions, prestigious collectors, etc. then you begin to raise your prices. Once your work is in demand and becomes recognizable, then let your prices reflect the supply/demand.

I do not agree with the above advice. Many times people will think you are worth what you tell them you are worth. It has also been my experience that to get something you must first ask for it.

I am not saying for you to price yourself to the moon, but I do not think you should start at very low prices. People value what they pay a higher price for. I have known artists to lose sales because they were priced too low which caused the consumer to devalue their work.

Start higher, you can always nogotiate down a few bucks.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Talent is like beauty. It is in the eye of the beholder/relative.

Example: Everyone on tv raves about Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, and all sorts of little dweebs and just how talented they are. I don't see it. So I won't spend my money on any of their crap.....I might spend my money on Charles Bronson, John Wayne, and Clint Eastwood DVD, Steve Vai, Joe Satch, REO Speedwagon, Led Zep, and Metallica CD's but many out there find my choice in talent to be lame at best......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit