Does God direct the WTBS through Holy Spirit?

by Honesty 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Watchtower Society and/or the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses claim that God is directing them (May 1, 1961 Watchtower magazine page 274 paragraph 11).

They publish countless articles extolling the virtues of being closely associated with the 'Faithful Slave' as represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (January 15, 1994 Watchtower magazine pages 16-17 paragraph 5) and that
    salvation can only come to those who obey instructions through their organization (September 15, 1991 Watchtower magazine page 17 paragraph 12).

They say that
    it is vital that JW's appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the “slave” as they would to the voice of God, because it is His provision (June 15, 1957 Watchtower magazine page 370 paragraph 7) and that only people with independent and rebellious spirits ignore the fact that God is directing them (June 1, 1985 Watchtower magazine page 18 paragraph 12). They also claim that that Jehovah is directing their steps by means of his Holy Spirit (May 1, 1961 Watchtower magazine page 274 paragraph 11).

God's Word tells us that no prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the will of man; instead, moved by the Holy Spirit, men spoke from God (2 Peter 1:20-21).
    When time proves that their doctrines are wrong they fall back on "we're just imperfect" yet they demand their followers to accept those false doctrines:

April 1, 1986 Watchtower magazine
    Page 31

Approved association with Jehovah’s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    What does all of the above tell us about the Watchtower Society and the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses?

It tells us that they don't have God's Holy Spirit guiding them.
    That is exactly what it tells us.

• Purza
    Purza
    It tells us that they don't have God's Holy Spirit guiding them.

But don't tell them that - they will just say that the light needs to get brighter.

Purza

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

A GREAT BIG 'NO!'

• greengopete
    greengopete

You are right, God directs no false religion! There is no true organized religion today on the earth. All that is understood by all the religions concerning God's plan for mankind is not correct. The real truth is as for away from man's understanding as Mars is from the earth, and that is a long way off. All that man needs to know as for as salvation is concerned is written down in the scriptures but, one must get out of false religion and seek the true God with all their heart before God will start to open their eyes to the real truth!!!

Pete

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I always thought that was the way it is. But then you see all the problems in the congregation, how could God be directing it? I wish I had a penny for every time I have heard "perfect organization with imperfect people". Why wouldn't an appointment of a new ministerial servant that is having an affair be rejected if God was directing appointments? Why would someone be allowed to pioneer year after year that doesn't get their hours and is a busybody causing many problems for others in the congregation? Wouldn't God do something about these appointments eventually. Why would God allow not one child to be raped, but dozens, within a circuit by a pedophile? Members of the congregation don't want to ponder these things they say " Jehovah will take care of all that". What about all the people that got knocked out of the truth because of these issues? "Well, that was their test". Right, Jehovah was just testing that little 4 year old girl. Lazy thinking!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought it was fed via the internet

• johnnyc
    johnnyc

Did Holy Spirit select Judas as one of the 12? Did Holy Spirit/God direct Jonah to Ninivah with a message and prophecy that ended up not occurring? There are many examples in the Bible of God's people who were often directed by Holy Spirit either making poor decisions or having things said by them not occur. Moses, who unquestionably was God's "channel" for the (to be) nation of Israel, made numerous mistakes - even being called out by certain men and their family's for his errors - only to find out that Moses had direct responsibility for his actions directly to God, but the people had a responsibility to continue to follow Moses. My point is that if you believe in the Bible, there are too many examples of the fact God's channel can make many errors without losing God's granted authority.

• oompa
    oompa

I like and need this Honesty. I can hear it now though....."a director of the orchestra merely directs, but can not be held accountable for the mistakes of the musicians.".......oompa

• free2beme
    free2beme

No, not God's Spirit ... God's gas!!! Wow that smells!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit