Extent of Judicial Comms power ?

by wobble 11 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I'm not scared of them,but they have me by the balls,in the sense that at present ,with lots of family still in,especially my nearly ninety year-old mother,I don't want to get DA'd or DF'd.

I was just trying to think of a way to take that power away from them,and thanks,there are some good sugestions above.

Love to all,

Wobble

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Secondly, none of these guys has ANY authority over you. You do not have to
    take their phone calls. You do not have to show up when they request you. You don't
    have to provide new phone numbers and addresses when you change them. If they were
    to announce you as "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses" at some cong. because of
    judicial actions or because you didn't show up for judicial actions, you do not have to
    recognize the status they applied to you, nor do you have to inform relatives, friends, or
    anyone that such an announcement was made. Even people who know about it, you are
    under no obligation to participate in a shunning. You can speak to anyone you want to
    speak to. You can lunch with anyone you want to lunch with. You can visit any Hall
    you want to visit.

If I can interject - it is not always that simple.

If your family are JW's and in the same hall, and you are DA'd or DF'd, then word will get around. It will travel outside that congregation depending on how who knows whom in what context. While you can open your mouth and speak to anyone, including your cat, talking may not elicit response from those same family, friends etc who remain JW's if they choose to shun you. You can lunch with anyone you like, but if you like to lunch with those same JW family and friends, they will determine it and not you. They will shun. Power? Depends on whether you want back in or don't care.

We know personally of judicial committee members who continue to seek destruction of us by gossip, lies, maliciousness - so it depends on how strong your ties are in your family or with your friends as to whether or not it will bother you. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit