Two nice christian ladys want to mentor me ........

by troubled mind 14 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear lovelylil...

correct doctrine was quite likely stressed in each congregation that the apostle visited. that the correct interpretation of doctrine is not stressed in the canon is making an arguement from silence. the church fathers stressed the importance of having a correct foundation on which to build ones faith and they did this before the bible was compiled.

do you think it is more loving to let brothers and sisters go away in error than to make an attempt to correct them?

should we say something or not? is their foundation strong or has it started to crumble? todays students ARE tomorrows teachers...

love michelle

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Michelle,

Essentially I agree with you on doctrine that is important to our faith which would include areas where the WT went astray such as the Divinity of Christ, Christ's bodily resurrection etc. These areas we should offer correction using the scriptures to help our fellow christians if needed.

The issue that was brought up during this thread is that the poster disagreed with the 2 lady's view on heaven and did not know if he could attend church with them because of it. Our view of heaven is not important to our salvation and therefore we do not have to agree fully with other's views to accept them as fellow Christians.

In fact, there are many views about heaven within the body of Christ. Some believe "heaven" is representative of the fact that God's kingdom is of spiritual origin and that it is not the literal heaven. Some Christians believe they will be raptured to heaven during the tribulation and then returned to the earth to dwell forever. While others feel heaven is the only eternal home for Christians and the earth will be destroyed.

The issue of heaven is a non essential doctrine and is open to interpretation. So if we disagree with other Christians about this non essential issue, we should use love when dealing with them and not forsake gathering ourselves with them just because of a difference of opinion. The poster should still feel confident that he can attend church with them for fellowship although they disagree on this minor issue.

However, I agree with you that some doctrine is essential to the Christian faith, but that is a different matter than the one the poster brought up.

Hope this clears up what I meant in my post. Peace, Lilly

• StAnn
    StAnn

Troubled Mind -

I'm happily Catholic but it took a L-O-N-G time to get here.

My advice? Pray. If you believe in God, ask God for guidance. Then listen and take His advice!

Prayer is the best tool, IMO.

StAnn

• myelaine
    myelaine

thank you for your reply lovelylil..."Our view of heaven is not important to our salvation and therefore we do not have to agree fully with other's views to accept them as fellow Christians."

dear StAnn...

did you know that the roman catholic doctrine of pergatory implies that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ isn't sufficient to cover an individuals sins completely...

dear carmel...

two key features of babylon and the roman empire were the presence of a state religion... can you see a revived "roman empire" and "babylon" developing today in the bahai faith.? each represented religion is recognized as honored equally under the authority of the bahai tenents. the goal of the bahai faith is one world religion encompassing all faiths, one universal language, and one universal currancy. this is similar to what constantine did in consolitating his power by making christianity the state religion, while continueing on as head of the pagan religions of his time. a peaceful co-existance of all world religions is the aim of this group...syncretism...the bahai faith appears to be taking a stand against the life that God has provided through Jesus Christ alone. from the bahai faith... "Throughout history, God has revealed Himself to humanity through a series of divine Messengers, whose teachings guide and educate us and provide the basis for the advancement of human society. These Messengers have included Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Moses, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad. Their religions come from the same Source and are in essence successive chapters of one religion from God. Bahá’u’lláh, the latest of these Messengers, brought new spiritual and social teachings for our time. His essential message is of unity. He taught the oneness of God, the oneness of the human family, and the oneness of religion." see daniel 3:4-7 perhaps you can see something akin to the tower of babel forming there... Jesus said: “I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished! Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. Luke 12:49-51 Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?”
    Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.”
    These words Jesus spoke in thetreasury, as He taught in the temple; and no one laid hands on Him, for His hour had not yet come. Then Jesus said to them again, “I am going away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come.” John 8:19-21 love michelle p.s. Leviticus 19:16-17

• juni
    juni

Hey troubled mind! How are you and your family?

I know many people here in town go to the Lutheran church only for the social offerings and so that the kids have some religious instruction in their lives. They have said that they don't believe all that is taught there, but it's something for the family to do together.

The beauty is this: Now you have choices. Spirituality is personal and no one should "force" you to believe a certain way. Get out of it what you want and leave the rest. Walk away from those who make you feel you have to choose a certain belief system.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit