Can the average JW name their Governing Body?

by sacolton 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Evidently
    Evidently

1. Larry

2. Curly

3. Moe

4. Sleepy

5. Goofy

6. Dopey

7. Grumpy

8. Sneezy

9. Bashful

• kzjw
    kzjw

Not only can they not name them, I spoke w/ a Street Witness one day & she swore they were all annointed...and argued the point even after I told her that they don't even admit the fact and and elder of 50+ years made the same admission!

• kzjw
    kzjw

and by the way how can people follow a "goobering body" of men whose names they don't even know? Shouldn't that be required?

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Anonymity is seen as a sign of their humility!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

The WT answer will be that the individual personalities are of no consequence. They humbly accept the assignments presented to them and do not lord it over the flock.

Or some such thing.

The average JW cannot name the GB members. My former roommate used to keep the names all GB members in the back of her bible or notebook (forget which). She is the ONLY person I knew who even thought to keep track.

-Aude.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

@ kzjw... they are all supposed to be of the anointed... other sheepies can't serve as official GB's yet, although they do GB work as "helpers"

• sacolton
    sacolton

A@G, aren't they are being slowly replaced by the Nethinim class?

20 All the non-Israelites who returned from exile in ancient Babylon parallel the other sheep who now serve with the remnant of spiritual Israel. What, though, of the fact that the Bible singles out the Nethinim and the sons of the servants of Solomon? In the pattern the Nethinim and the sons of the servants of Solomon were given privileges beyond those of other non-Israelite returnees. This could well foreshadow that God today has extended privileges and added duties to some mature and willing other sheep.

21 The Nethinim’s added privileges were linked directly to spiritual activities. The sons of the servants of Solomon evidently received administrative responsibilities. Similarly today, Jehovah has blessed his people with “gifts in men” to care for their needs. (Ephesians 4:8, 11, 12) Included in this provision are many hundreds of mature, experienced brothers who share in ‘shepherding the flocks,’ serving as circuit and district overseers and on Branch Committees at the Watch Tower Society’s 98 branches. (Isaiah 61:5) At the world headquarters of the Society, under the direction of “the faithful steward” and its Governing Body, capable men receive training to help in preparing spiritual food supplies. (Luke 12:42) Other longtime dedicated volunteers have been trained to operate Bethel homes and factories and to oversee programs worldwide in constructing new branch facilities and halls for Christian worship. They have excelled in serving as close helpers of the anointed remnant, who constitute part of the royal priesthood.—Compare 1 Corinthians 4:17; 14:40; 1 Peter 2:9.

From my understanding, Gerrit Losch, Geoffrey Jackson, Steve Lett, David Splane, Samuel Herd, and Anthony Morris were not of the original 'anointed' class which was supposed to have been closed in 1935 after the new doctrine of the "great crowd" by J.F. Rutherford. These new Governing Body members were part of the Nethinim class prior to their "appointment" and promoted from within to replace former Governing Body members who have deceased or were dismissed. As part of the Nethinim class, they had previously served as missionaries, circuit overseers, district overseers, service committee, writing committee, etc. These men have essentially worked their way up the ranks of the JW organization as "other sheep", through the Nethinim class, and on to the Governing Body. There have been reports that some of these men started partaking of the Watchtower memorial emblems shortly before their appointment to the Governing Body as "proof" that they are now "anointed". However, it is my understanding that prior to this they were part of the Nethinim class. Therefore, as Watchtower Governing Body members deceased or removed, they are replaced by "other sheep" from the Nethinim class (upper-level 'elite' JW's), as I have correctly stated.

• undercover
    undercover

I couldn't name them...still can't.

But its a catch 22...if one is to argue that JWs have placed the Governing Body in place of Christ as their mediator, basically worshipping them as their leader(s) but yet the majority of the rank and file can't name them or recognize them, it gives them peace of mind to think that they haven't put them on a pedestal therefore they're not worshippers of men.

• Gregor
    Gregor

This brings up another question, Can the Governing Body name one JW who died for lack of a blood transfusion?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

@ sacolton, where is that quote from?

That's why I mentioned "supposedly" of the anointed... they must be officially anointed partakers in order to get appointed... so they must conveniently become anointed in order to obtain this grand "privilege"...

And remember, the WT closed the 1935 loophole in the QFR 5/2007.... so the road to heaven is way open now...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit