During my many faithful years as a Witless zombie, I used to
    wonder how the Society could claim that the Bible predicts
    stuff like pollution - by quoting Rev.11 "bring to ruin those
    ruining the earth".

You see, the problem is that to make this into a prophecy
    of 'last days' pollution, you MUST PROVE that "ruining the
    earth" means POLLUTION, not something else. Since Bible writers
    didn't live in an industrial society with dioxin and mercury,
    you can't prove a pollution reference based on their experience.

Furthermore, when John wrote Revelation he probably had something else
    in mind besides pollution when he spoke of "ruining the earth".
    The Bible, in the Tower of Babel account, says "the earth continued
    to be of one language". In the account about Noah, it speaks
    of the "earth" being ruined by violence.

Thus, on the basis of the way the Bible speaks of the "earth"
    and its ruin, I find no prediction of pollution.

But more than that.....
    If you love ecology, READ the Oct.2,2001 Wall Street Journal pg.A17
    under the heading of "Bookshelf". It reviews a new book called
    "The Skeptical Environmentalist". It seems a former member of
    Greenpeace (a professor of statistics at the University of Aarhus)
    told his students to debunk claims that the natural environment
    is improving. They were stunned to find out it is! Sulfur dioxide
    in the US is down 80% since '62, - carbon monoxide down 75% since
    '70, - nitrogen oxides down 38% since '75. Brazilian rain forests
    are 86% uncut and the rate of clearing is falling. An authoritative
    UN report found that global forest cover has been reduced by a
    minuscule 0.44% since '61.

More evidence that the old men running this sad fraud can't predict
    (or interpret) their way out of a paper sack.

metatron

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yeah, Metatron, but it "proves" the scriptures to be true. As soon as unbelievers like you yell "peace and security" then swift and sudden destruction will come upon you.

Better get back into the umbrella of Jehovah's organization before it is too late.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I have to go with Farkel on this one too. It seems you are yelling "Peace and Security". So strait to the Kingdumb Hell I go.

Today's Sunday talk is titled, "Billions Now Living Will Die Soon At The Hands Of Jehovah!"

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Metatron, thanks for the post, My mind is a wicked thing, as I read it I envisioned the GB walking out on a porch enmass, seeing their prophecy, the earth being ruined, in the form of a burning sack, they begin to stomp it and just like all thier prophecies, it turns to s**t and they walk around with s**t all over them.

The UN thing was they themselves toilet papering their own property.

They themselves are the one removing the outside toilet and falling in their own s**t. If the smell gets bad enough, even some of the brain dead will get the message and get out of her before she is destroyed. HUMMMM

• moman
    moman

metatron, what are you saying, the Borg iz wrong again? Oh no!, you mean they didn't get this information directly from God's mouth? lol
    I believe the bible waz refering to (pollution of the earth) when it sez "ruining."
    POLLUTION OF THE MIND,SOUL, & SPIRIT BY SELF-ORDAINED,SELFRIGHTOUS,PEABRAINED,OLDFARTS cloaking az a "special class"
    -fastone-

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Volcanoes and other 'natural' disturbances do more damage to the ecosystem than man ever would.

The Watchtower talks about how the Armageddon survivors will be engaged in a clean-up effort to transform the earth into a paradise. Never any details on how that will be accomplished however! The WT always makes it sound like Jah will direct the work, but humans have to do it (i.e. no miracles).

Honestly, there would have to be some sorts of miracles involved. And yet Witnesses laugh at the idea of a physical resurrection of bodies to heaven (a la traditional xtian belief) because it's "silly."

JWs and xtians really aren't all that different when you think about it.

I'm obviously no tree-hugger, but I do believe in alternative energy sources -- as long as they don't screw with my standard of living. And that's what these ultra-left wingers want to see. They aren't interested in preserving Mother Nature, they are flat-out COMMUNISTS!

• Bang
    Bang

It's the true christian who is helping Christ to make a new earth, even now. Even the earth groans at the revealing of the sons of God, because they take care of it.

Who can deny that the true christian involves themselves with - social justice and helping the poor - and environmental considerations including not being greedy - making peace by becoming subject and also sacrificing their lives if necessary for the sake of others (rather than themselves) - and to mention it again, social justice.
    Whoever denies this surely denies the Spirit of goodness inside, and the Light of mankind.

It's obvious the work of a christian includes helping to create a new earth. Creation was work for God. The WT society thinks it's someone else's job and God will just magic it, and of course kill us - and soon - when they salivate with excitement like dogs at news of a disaster they bring shame to humans.

Bang

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Since I am over my Thread Limit right now and can't start a new one, I though I would use this thread to share some notes of mine I found while reviewing my JW Files....

1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end" to the world, even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that He was using and guiding them.'' (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968)

1889 "In the coming 26 years, all present governments will be overthrown and dissolved." (C.T. Russell, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2, p. 98-99, 1889)
    1908 "In view of this strong Bible evidence concerning the Times of the Gentiles, we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished at the end of A. D. 1914." (The Time Is At Hand; 1889; 1908 ed.; p. 99)
    1917 "And the mountains were not found. Even the republics will disappear in the fall of 1920. And the mountains were not found. Every kingdom of earth will pass away, be swallowed up in anarchy." (The Finished Mystery, 1917 edition, p. 258)
    1917 "It is the Day of Vengeance, which began in the world war of 1914 and which will break like a furious morning storm in 1918." (The Finished Mystery, 1917, p. 404)
    1920 '...we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected' (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, p. 88)
    1920 'Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old' (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, p. 89-90)
    1922 "The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the "time of the end" began in 1799; that the Lord's second presence began in 1874." (The Watchtower, March 1, 1922)
    1922 '1914 ended the Gentile Times...The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures...by then the great crisis will be reached and probably passed' (Watchtower Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262)
    1923 '1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures...the Christian has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had (so far as the Scriptures reveal) upon which to base his faith in the coming deluge' (Watchtower April 1, 1923, p. 106)
    1925 "The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything." (Watchtower 1925, p. 56)
    1940 The Kingdom is here, the King is enthroned. Armageddon is just ahead. The glorious reign of Christ that shall bring blessings to the world will immediately follow. Therefore the great climax has been reached. Tribulation has fallen upon those who stand by the Lord. (The Messenger, Sept. 1940, p. 6)
    1989 "The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." (Watchtower, Jan. 1, 1989, p. 12 [bound volume changed "20th century" to "day"])

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit