"Reasoning with the Scriptures" LOL!

by dawg 11 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

Ok guys, remember the book "Reasoning with the Scriptures"? We need a book about what to say to a JW in the same manner....

All their replies are scripted so when they say blank... we need a reply... feel free to add.

Like when a JW says "where else would we go but to the JW religion? You say, The bible says God is a spirit and he should be worshiped in spirit and TRUTH. So when you continue to preach about 1914 for instance, its a known false teaching based on the 607BC date being wrong, then you're telling people lies... you should turn to the truth, God wants you to teach ONLY the truth...

Add some more if you feel like it.

• Mary
    Mary

Um, actually dawg, there is a book out called this: http://www.ronrhodes.org/reasoning_from_the_scriptures_wi.htm

And I'm working on the last section of my project and it should be done by this weekend. FINALLY!! The topics I've covered are: Smoking, New Light, Blood, Disfellowshipping & Shunning, 607 BCE, 144,000, What Constitutes a ‘False Prophet’? Date Setting, The Dating Game, ‘This Generation’, The Faithful & Discreet Slave, Preaching House to House, The Cross, and Holidays.

It's not a book where one chapter flows into the next. I've just made something that would come in handy when we're talking to Witness family members or old Witness friends. I've got it indexed and I've quoted extensively from their own literature so that they can't yell "apostates!" as well as from medical and historical documents. And until the WTS, I've referenced as much as I can.

I started this back in April but I wanted to get it done so I can give it out before JWD closes. I'll start a thread as soon as it's run off. I originally thought it was only going to be about 20 pages but as of tonight, its 137 pages. Surely this is a fine indication that I had Jehovah's Spirit on me.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Dawg,

This isn't what you asked for, but I'll throw out this little tidbit about that piece of rubbish...

Actually, if they come to your door, you can use THEIR Treasoning from the Scriptures book to make them look dumb. Just tell them, "I've heard that you people are false prophets, HavenotJehovah’sWitnessesmadeerrorsintheirteachings?"

Hopefully, they'll turn to their Treasoning book, p. 136 under the heading "False Prophets" and start reading:

*** rs p. 136 par. 3 False Prophets *** The Scriptures provide time elements related to Christ’s presence, and Jehovah’s Witnesses have studied these with keen interest. (Luke 21:24; Dan. 4:10-17) Jesus also described a many-featured sign that would tie in with the fulfillment of time prophecies to identify the generation that would live to see the end of Satan’s wicked system of things.

Generation? Yep, it's still in there and as wrong as ever. Check out this one:

*** rs p. 97 pars. 2-3 Dates ***
    In the meantime, the very difficult conditions foretold for "the last days" would prevail. As shown under the heading "Last Days," those events have been clearly in evidence since 1914. Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the "great tribulation" in which the present wicked world will end.—Matt. 24:21, 22, 34.
    When will the end of this wicked world come?Jesus answered: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." However, he also stated: "Truly I say to you that this generation [that was alive when "the sign" of "the last days" began its fulfillment] will by no means pass away until all these things occur."—Matt. 24:36, 34.

"Generation" is also heavily referenced with the "old light" in the section "Last Days". Stupid Writing Department has never revised the book. Even Botchtower Library 2007 still has the error, now over a decade old.

B the X

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks, looking forward to Mary's project, you always do great and well thought out work Mary.

Billy, used that example with the sister and her husband who were/are studying with my wife, but did not have the false prophets stuff to back up the generation statement. Did get him flustered however!

• dawg
    dawg

Looking forward to reading this Mary

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember that Treasoning book. That piece of trash has stock arguments for everything. In fact, I recognize just about every pro-JW comment on MySpace as coming straight from the Treasoning Book. It's amazing how easy it is to rebut every single piece of trash that comes from that book.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Ah, so that's your project Mary. I can't wait for it. Between that the Vs website DAing should be no problem.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Very nice Billy. I'll try to remember that. And Mary - book sounds great!

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Please, take look at my page and you will find a lot of reasoning from the Scriptures for JW.

www.freewebs.com/scripturalanswers

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I just spoke with two Methodist ladies that were telling me about a book that is called "Reasoning on the Scriptures " and it is topics for Christians to speak to JW's about !

I havn't seen it yet , but she is suppose to bring it the next time we get together . Can't wait

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit