Great Christmas Beer!

by wobble 12 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Hi All,

Every year Englands oldest brewer,Shepherd Neame based in Faversham,Kent, brews a special Christmas Ale. Every year it is different by a big margin from the last,they are all good though..

This years is great, a roaring 7% ABV and great taste,as my good lady remarked "It's so Christmassy you can taste the Tinsel !"

If you can get hold of some wherever you are you wont be disappointed.

Whatever,have a Pissy Chrissy!

love

Wobble

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow, that sounds DELICIOUS, Wobble... fat chance I'll get to taste it across the pond.

I love the Christmas beer they make at a little local mini-brewery... so lovely with the spice overtones... cinnamon and cloves, I think.

• wobble
    wobble

One day I'll get to do my Beer Drinkers World Tour and try all the different ales.I am sure it would be a spiritual journey based on the Irish logic of beer drinking which goes something like this:

"If we drink beer till we're drunk,we go to sleep,

if we are asleep we do not sin,

if we do not sin,we go to heaven,

lets all drink loads of beer and go to Heaven! "

Cheers

Wobble

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Ooooh. That sounds good.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I love Shepherd Neame's Spitfire. A nice beer that isn't quite as high in alcohol content!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

This is some good stuff.

• Poztate
    Poztate

From Beautiful British Columbia here is one for you to try.... Gotta Love The Name...

Back Hand of God Stout

Lean in body and powerful in flavour, Back Hand of God Stout (formerly known as "Black Wolfhound") has won three consumers' choice awards. This dry stout is easy to drink, rich and inviting. It is extraordinarily smooth and mildly hopped with a distinct coffee/chocolate presence.

5.2% alcohol 18BU

1st place "Best Beer" at the Okanagan Fest-of-Ale, 2000 and 2007; At the Hops, 2000 and 2001; and "Best Organic Alcoholic Beverage" at the Organic Harvest Awards, 2005.
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Eldridge Pope used to do a good one

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds good, poz. I like the dark ones, too. Haven't seen that one, here. Rikards red does it for me.

S

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Kansas City Boulevard Brewing Company also have a good one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit