End of days indoctrination

by m0nk3y 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I do believe that there is still a war going on in the heavens.

Cameo-d, I believe it too, although I don't have an answer for the rest of your paragraph that I've edited out. I dont quite believe in the salvation message you mentioned. I could be wrong. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But I do believe there is a war in heaven. I used to not believe it but changed my mind a few years ago. My belief of it is based on something I'd rather not mention here.

• penny2
    penny2
    we have these feelings because we had been cut off from the rest of the world and forced to work in fear of death.

And that's where the WTS bears a huge load of responsibility. It shouldn't be that way - we shouldn't feel cut off. I felt somewhat liberated when I realised "the truth" is not the truth. Before that I just felt like I was a bad person.

I guess this is a part of me that I might have to deal with on and off for the rest of my life

Don't assume that. You are young and can change the pathways of your thinking. You've probably changed them a lot already. How you feel is a reflection of how you think and what you are thinking about.

penny

• Carmel
    Carmel

So far the "crash" has cost me nearly $80,000 but I'm confident it will be no more than two to three years before I'm back to even. Looking forward to investing into a couple IPO's that I expect to take off well. As to the issue of Armegeddon, I've already lived through my personal one and expect the world is going through it as we speak,. A lot of changes in the near future that will lead to a better world for all of us. Just relax and it will work out for you. carmel

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

One of the attractions of groups like the WT is that they claim to have very certain answers to all of life's uncertainties. It is natural, when facing those uncertainties, to want to see a world where everything is happening for a predetermined reason, and that it is all somehow under control. As former JWs, we no longer have that false confidence to help us deal with problems that occur. Maybe this can lead to irrational fears connected to our old JW mindset? Or, maybe I'm just practicing psychology without a license! LOL. I just remind myself that the Great Depression did not bring Armageddon either.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I was about to say what Mrs. Fiorini said -- that the Great Depresssion of the 1930's was quite the contrast to the roaring 20's. It burst the bubble that greedy or unregulated people brought. Now we're going through another correction, and people will have to learn to be more frugal. Who knows, people may even have to learn to cooperate with neighbors and community to survive whatever tough times may come. Maybe those would be some valuable lessons for people of this generation.

Hopefully people will learn from this, and we'll get back to understanding what really is valuable in life. And it's not about having the most or the best stuff (whether or not one can afford it).

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Sweet posts from Gopher and especially: Mrs. Fiorini

I share their views.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Basically this: It is very provincial to think that just because you are scared and uncertain and feel out of control of your life that suddenly God and gonna swoop down and take you away from it all like he is a box of Calgon or something.(ok, I am mixing up the rapture with Armageddon, but you all know what I mean). It is very provincial to think that the end is near simply because your finances are taking a nose dive in the richest most blessed country in the world. This is America. (edited to say: sorry, you are in Australia, but its a great country too, and your ancestors would DEFINITELY not respect a fearful defeatist attitude. That country is the bomb.) Get a grip.

If you are living your life in a way that is pleasing to (your) God or beliefs, then you need to just go forward, work hard and do what you need to do even if you KNEW FOR A FACT that there was no God gonna get you out of it. We live better than kings of a hundred years ago if we are on welfare today. Get some perspective.

(((HUG)))) It's gonna be ok, don't let the borgie men get you. Seriously-with all my caring and best wishes, please live your life and be happy and deal with the difficulties with all the dignity that the ancestors who worked to get you to this place deserve and would respect. Then we need to go kick some congressional ass!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Oh Hell

My finances, seriously? Are Armageddon, daily.

Guess that's what over-draft protection is all about.

Great follow-up JWdaughter.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I saw Gophers post and wanted to say I have been telling my teenage daughter that this will build her character. She says, "That's great mom, but what is going to pay for my college?" I am sad to say that right now I don't know. Kid is so dang smart. Aced her SAT's, but is too white, hermitlike and unathletic to get much in the way of scholarships. Anyone handing out a scholarhip?

You know what is funny? I actually asked my daughter if she ever thought of going into something more practical than graphic art. She looked at me like I was crazy. Then I started wondering what was I thinking? She should go to college to do something more practical? Like farming? Weaving? mending socks or rolling bandages for the red cross? Maybe work at the USO? We don't live in an agricultural or manufacturing economy anymore, and war movies aren't fun like in the old days. I think that is going to add to some issues. She might end up building roads or nuculear:) power plants or pipelines, since that seems to be where all the excitement is these days-rebuilding infrastructure and such. I hope SHE doesn't end up in the service to get her GI bill!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit