Let’s catalogue all the WATCHTOWER DECEPTIONS?

by yesidid 6 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

I noted that this week’s Watchtower spoke scathingly of deceptive people.
    I’m sure many of you, as well as I, almost baffed at the hypocrisy.

Just wondering if we could make a list of all the known deceptions
    perpetrated by the WBTS. It would be handy to have them all in one place.

Thank you in advance for your contributions.

yesidid

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think the Best of Section on this board does that for us

• blondie
    blondie

The one that caught my eye in 1993 and then researching about it in 1973 was:

1914 - Failed Watchtower Prophecy

What the Watchtower said prior to 1914What the Watchtower claims it said prior to 1914
    "But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble. Zion's Watch Tower 1894 July 15 p.226 "… Jehovah's witnesses pointed to the year 1914, decades in advance, as marking the start of "the conclusion of the system of things." Awake! 1973 January 22 p.8
    "The year A.D. 1878, being the parallel of his assuming power and authority in the type, clearly marks the time for the actual assuming of power as King of kings, by our present, spiritual, invisible Lord...." Studies in the Scriptures - Thy Kingdom Come p.239 "The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence…that Jesus' presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914." Watchtower 1993 January 15 pp.5,9

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

The Watchtower itself is deception.

er

• oompa
    oompa

HOLY COW yesidid!!! Ya gotta be kiddin!! There is something kinda like this in the Bible:

"If we were to write down all of their deceptions, the World Wide Web itself, could not contain all the scrolls written."

However, I love Blondies example...my recent fave is the 8-1 or 8-15 WT on "Should we use the name Jehovah in the Christian Greek Scriptures." The article is full of deception. It refers to the use of the divine name in the NWT 8 times in relation to it being used "when quoting from the Hebrew Scriptures, and the name is found" but not ONCE does it tell us that it has been ADDED dozens and dozens of times where there is NO QUOTE from the Hebrew Scriptures....they just stinkin made it up and added it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Also the article ask what evidence is there that the divine name was used in the original writings of the Hebrew Scriptues...then says "consider this argument." Hells Bells!!! Why not show some frikkin evidence???? (cause there is none....zero....thats why). They make four bold headings to support their "argument" and what is so funny is that they present not a single fact, not a shred of evidence to actually support their argument or answer the question!!!! WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE WHAT THE FRIKKIN QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGHHHH!!!! I have had so many of my old JW friends call me and tell me what a GREAT article it is, and how they hope it will help me, since they know this was the deal breaker for me.....and I so love making them review it with me in person or on the phone and point out how cleverly written, but full of DECEPTION it is.............................oompa...rant is over

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

On this I misquote John 21:25

If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
  • startingover
    startingover

Can anyone supply the quote from this weeks WT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit