How do You feel about a One World Bank

by sammielee24 22 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I don't like the idea of one world bank. It would mean that more countries could feel the results of bad decisions at one time.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I think it's AWESOME! I hope they do turn us into zombies like they promised.... ;D

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't know why the existing institutions such the as the World Bank and IMF are not good enough. Bretton Woods is now very dated. Opening up a can of worms, the US would lose economic and strategis standing. People should be in the streets of DC protesting both Congress and the President for the Standard & Poors rating.

Someone pointed out that the 12 member commission cuts out the committee chairs and ranking members with the most nuts and bolts expertise in their areas. What is going to change in DC to create a different result than gridlock and fringe interests? We are so quiescent. Screw us over again. We are game.

The Roman Empire lost its lustre. The sun finally set on the British Empire and then some. Maybe the US is now only one player among many.

Many decades ago I travelled to Europe with American Express travelers' cheques. I was in college and did not read travel blogs. Altho I purchased mine in Manhattan, my friend and I quickly discovered we were the only Americans foolish enough to hold the checks in US dollars. Everyone else had German marques or Japanese yen. The year before American Express refused to honor its own checks in dollars. We had to travel to Germany to exchange our checks to German marques. I even turned a profit with my small scale monetary speculation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit