To ALL LURKERS Plz THINK--

by JT 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

FARKEL

how have you all guys been man- we have been so busy- trying to wrap up this go around with college classes

but my wife and i will be back in school the next go around

feels funny in class with 19yrs and you are almost 40 and the reason why

i THOUGHT THE END WOULD BE HERE SOONER smile

james

take care

tell the wife hello

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I've been inspired by this thread to ask a new question of the Dubs at the door: "What do you think of independent thinking?"

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it."
    - Groucho Marx

• neyank
    neyank

Hi james,

Good post.

The fact that the org. was/is critical of those that that use their God given gift to be able to think critically has always bothered me.

As Seeker said, If you remove independant thinking, what are you left with? Dependant thinking. Now who's doing my thinking for me?
    That's an excelant question we should always keep in mind whenever some group tells us not to question them, just follow.

neyank

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Good post as always.

Funny how the WT can be so critical of everyone and everything on the planet but when someone takes a critical look to see if they really measure up to claims to be God's channel they are all of a sudden being attacked by 'apostates' or being persecuted.

The logic of these people is really sad. Proof of being the channel is "Who else is doing the preaching work?"

Who else is imagining they are preaching when instead they are driving around, knocking at not-at-homes and hanging out in donut shops?

Path

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

One of the things that really bothered me when I was immersed in the mindset was that one standard was used for the world and another for the witnesses. We offered our literature to others but refused to read theirs. We made fun of them for changing their doctrine (esp. the meat on Friday thing) but then we did the same thing and called it new light.

I suppose the only way to not let that bother you is to do like JT promoted in his talks: Don't think!

Good post, JT

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

Prov.14:17b "but the man of thinking abilities is hated"

Wt. is doing a great job in fulfilling this.

Prov.5:1,2 "My son, to my wisdom O do pay attention.To my discernment incline your ears,so as to guard thinking abilities," both from NWT

Your only allowed to think if your attacking other religions - analysing your own, forget it.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Excellent contribution, as usual. I've printed it out for the much-better, but still-clinging-by-a-singed-hair-to-denial, half. And, of course, to keep in mind myself.

-AMNESIAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit