"This Could Be The Beginning of The Great Tribulation!"

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, everything should come as a total shock. Right now, some JWs are lickin' their chops.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Doesn't the GT start with the destruction of Babylon the Great..............did I miss something?

I thought that BTG fell in 1919. If so, then this financial crisis is right on mark. don't buy any green bananas.

• undercover
    undercover
    there has already been a lot of ... aaaaaaaaaarghs at our hall

You go to a hall with lots of pirates? I guess their pieces of eight are only worth four now

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Just noted in another thread that the Nov 15 WT apparently states that the 'END OF THE PRESENT SYSTEM OF THINGS is imminent.' System of things is a unique JW translation as far as I know - I don't think there's another Bible out there that uses that particular phraseology.

So is the END of 'the present system of things' the same as the GT or Armageddon? Notice they didn't say Armageddon is 'imminent'.

Since this article has appeared, I hear many repeating that particular line with great relish - "the GB have never said this in so many words" is what I have heard. IMMINENT is apparently the new buzzword. No longer 'round the corner'...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit