Notes from Annual Meeting, October 2008

by FadingAway 22 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

FA,

It's been a long time, but I can remember them insinuating that 6 would be the age of accountability. I'm thinking it had something to do with Samuel serving in the temple, but like I said, my memory is a little shaky.

Don't these idiots realize that if Jesus does come back, he's gonna be pissed? To those much is given (or in this case TAKEN) much will be asked. I'd hate to be wearing their pants.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for the detailed notes FA!

om

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

How did I believe this crap for 28 years and even spew it from my own mouth for a good number of those years?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

What is the point of this annual report?

More boasting and fire up the troops?

My brother was in attendance at Brooklyn.

Like to hear his take on it, but he doesn't speak to me anymore.

I might use my apostate powers and break his fragile faith. ha!

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

bttt

• VM44
    VM44

Thank you for posting these three reports.

Reading them one gets the idea that The Watchtower has created for the JWs a strange fantasy world in which they mentally live.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Thanks for the notes...I really, really laugh at the part were they said "there is nothing more greater thing for a human being to become a JW".......

Perhaps they should ask all the ex-JW's in the world this question....the Greater, the Grand Mommentum, the Utlimate act it is to LEAVE JW's...

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

First off, thanks so much for posting. I read the 3? reports but unless I missed something, they look pretty much the same to me. People actually TRAVEL to Brooklyn to hear this tripe?

A key ingredient for the family is having a family worship evening. A major factor for the bookstudy change was the importance of family study.

So, after 40+ years in this cult, I see a key ingredient is a family worship evening. This was not important until now? Just what is a 'family worship evening'? The way I see it, this is nothing more than semantics, just another name for the dreaded 'family study' (that used to be around 1 hour, now it is to be prolonged to an entire 'evening') The more they try to make like they are lessening the burden, the more rules and loads they pile up on the r&f. But with the boredom most are experiencing, any little deviation from the age-old routine is a welcome change.

And then offhand, they have the gall to say this was "a" major factor for the bookstudy change. More bulls*?t to deflect attention from the 'other' unnamed and REAL factors.

Ok, so I may be a bit of a conspiratorial thinker, but I really am starting to believe that the guys at the helm are fully aware that this publishing house/cult dressed up as a religion is on its last legs. Why else do they keep prosounding that the anointed are NOTHING SPECIAL? They are staring into their own abyss and consequently sending out enough signals to any thinking moron in the audience that the gig is up. A lot of us have already gotten it, more and more are waking up as the day draws near, and so when the Watchtower ship finally does go down (my gut tells me in the next 8 years), the mental devastation that will ensue will be a little less than if they just plain came out and said "You know what folks?, move along, there's nothing more to see here."

End of Rant

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thank you so much Jesus Governing Body for giving us so much encouragement in these last minutes before our Great demon God annihilates 99.9% of mankind before our eyes.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually a family study was a given officially for years, not an option. But then the Mormons have done so for years.

w025/1p.27ImplantingLoveforJehovahinOurChildren’sHearts***

With this in mind, we had a family study each week, mostly on Monday evenings

w008/1p.27FromBuildingWeaponstoSavingLives***

We regularly had a family Bible study on Monday evenings after dinner, and we also had a Bible study with each individual child

w997/1p.16par.16RegularlyStudyGod’sWordasaFamily***

When can family study be done? In imitation of Bethel families around the earth, many households schedule their family study on Monday evening

w9212/1p.24TheJoyThatServingJehovahHasBroughtMe***

Lucille adjusted to domestic duties, and the children attended school close to home. I conducted a family Watchtower study each Monday night, always trying to make it lively and interesting.

***w8912/1p.17par.11DoYouSeekHiddenTreasures?***

Yes, Monday is the worldwide Bethel family study night. When is your personal or family study period?

***w819/1pp.15-16ADayintheLifeofaMissionary***

For example, we have our own family study on Monday nights

***g8212/22p.24TheLatter-DaySaintsinToday’sWorld***

Every Mormon ward, the equivalent of a parish or diocese, regularly sponsors ball games, picnics, parties, dances and other activities to which all age-groups are welcome. Families are encouraged to spend Monday nights—Family Home Evenings—together in study, recreation and other family projects.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit