Annual Meeting, October 2008

by Open mind 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Do (did?) the prestige-hungry JWs in your area make known their plans to attend the Annual Meeting each year?

We had a couple fly back to New York during the middle of last week and I'm sure half the Circuit was made aware of their plans.

Groveling for "new light" crumbs is sure to follow upon their return.

Anybody else?

om

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bttt - any news?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

There was some other post around here of an Annual meeting report. It didn't sound too interesting. The Annual Meeting is more just like a back-slapping session for the GB.

• yknot
    yknot

My KH is on the very bottom of the WTS pyramid.....they are only worthy of being reminded of how unworthy they are and how they aren't going out in FS enough..... (we only get nobody Bethel speakers for the DC too)

I agree anybody getting notes from attendees

• lawrence
    lawrence

I'm on my way to the annual meeting. Will keep everyone updated.

• Eliabe
    Eliabe

news GB members ???????

• Open mind
    Open mind

Well, here's the best 3rd hand info I can provide.

BTW, from what I heard, daniel-p pretty much nailed it, it's just a back slapping session for the GB.

1. All members of the GB were on the program with the exception of Anthony Morris who gave the concluding prayer. (I didn't hear anything about the length of the prayer. Wanna take a guess?)

2. David Splane (I think) talked about how those who are of the anointed shouldn't "wear it on their sleeves". Hmmm. I wonder why?

3. The evil emperor, aka, Theodore Jaracz, rambled on about 5,000 brothers in Romania a long time ago being isolated and not being able to come to an agreement until they went off and prayed and got back together and then the Hooly Spirit jumped in and everything worked out fine.

4. JWs are now being asked to wear tin foil hats in the ministry to prevent demon influence. The angels will still able to work their way around the aluminum foil and direct the preaching work cuz Jehovah gives the good angels special powers. Just don't use it in your cooking.

;-)

Can you guess which one I just made up?

om

• lawrence
    lawrence

You made up 1,2 and 3.

• sir82
    sir82

3. The evil emperor, aka, Theodore Jaracz, rambled on about 5,000 brothers in Romania a long time ago being isolated and not being able to come to an agreement until they went off and prayed and got back together and then the Hooly Spirit jumped in and everything worked out fine.

What the hey? Is he talking about these guys: http://the-true-jw.oltenia.ro/ ?

They were isolated from contact with Bethel for decades, behind the iron curtain. When they finally made conatct again, the JW teachings had flip-flopped so much from what they were accustomed to, they declared Bethel to be apostate and formed their own breakaway group!

Of course I did not hear his comments, but it sounds like he is spinning / reinterpreting events to fit the point he was trying to make. Huh, what a surprise.

• Open mind
    Open mind

sir82:

I did not hear his comments, but it sounds like he is spinning

Me neither, but yeah, that could easily be the history he was sanitizing for current JW consumption.

Lawrence:

Dang you're good!

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit