Why conservative Christians are disliked

by Seeker 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker
    Seeker
    (AP) "The proliferation of interfaith services after terrorists struck America have unsettled some conservative Protestants, who feel joint worship violates their belief that Christianity is the only true faith.

In one case, the Rev. David Oberdieck filed charges with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod over a fellow pastor who joined non-Christian clergy in the Sept. 23 Yankee Stadium service, ``A Prayer for America.''

``I wouldn't have brought charges if Jesus Christ was confessed in such a way that he stood out from the smorgasbord of gods,'' said Oberdieck, pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church in Lebanon, Mo."

• Satanus
    Satanus

Christians, be their very nature don't believe in freedom of religion. They would see that as satan running around, on the loose. We can't have that. They want satan and his spirit helpers bound. Many of them would like to see us burning. Does that make them S&M fans, at their core?

SS

• riz
    riz

don't forget to add self-righteous, goody-goody, holier-than-thou, moralistic, pietistic, religiose; casuistic; affected, insincere; bland, glib, mealymouthed, oily, smooth, smooth-spoken, smooth-tongued, unctuous...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don`t have a problem with christians.I have a problem with assholes who happen to be christians,and there seems to be alot of them!...OUTLAW

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Well I do not have a problem with anyones religion, it is when they start shoving it down my throat that I get pissed. One of my friends roommates last year, was an extremist and told her when her grandma was on her deathbed, if she was not saved, she was going to hell. How thoughtless and heartless can a christian be...That is not a christian in my book...

• patio34
    patio34

I just, in the last hour at the grocery store parking lot, saw a relevant bumper sticker:

"Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you're an asshole!"

Cheers!
    Pat

p.s. I can't believe I typed that word (tee-hee!). Can I get df'd?

• patio34
    patio34

Oh! I didn't mean anyone here! It was meant for the 'conservative Christian' type who shoves the 'truth' down your throat . . .

Pat

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi Seeker,
    Yes, Christians who take their faith seriously do not leave valid doctrine 'at the door' and pretend that 'all are worshipping the same God' or 'it doesn't matter if you have the scriptural interpretation correct'. CHRISTIANS stand firm in what they believe. Some doctrines are absolutely essential in order to really be a Christian. Each one who is in salvation must make their own conscientious decisions and if that means remaining seperate, so be it.
    JWs are just one of many falsly claiming to be so. No apologetics here. With you it should be a 'no-brainer', so I assume your intent is the usual desire to reinforce your own decisions in life.

The rest of you are clueless.
    Cheers!
    Rex
    Rex

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I REST MY CASE!...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

REX
    REX

Would you, as a good baptist, allow that the percentage of lutherans who are 'in salvation' is similar to the percentage of baptists who are 'in salvation'?

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit