What is your favourite alcoholic drink at the moment?

by free2think 78 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

what is bourbon? we don't get that here? or maybe we do and I just don't know what to look for?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    what is bourbon? we don't get that here? or maybe we do and I just don't know what to look for?

Bourbon is America's Native Spirit.

Bourbon is a type of whiskey that, by law, must be made from no less than 51% corn. (Most on the market are at least 70% corn). Other grains such as rye, wheat, & barley are added to impart different flavors & characteristics.

Also by law, bourbon must be made in the United States. (95% of all bourbons are produced in Kentucky, where bourbon originated.)

Bourbon must be aged no less than two years in brand new, American white oak barrels (Most are aged a minimum of four years)

It must be distilled to no more than 160 proof (80% alcohol by volume) and bottled at no less than 80 proof (40% alcohol by volume)

It must also be made with all natural ingredients (No artificial coloring or flavoring, etc.)

The flavor of bourbon whiskey is noticably sweeter than some other whisk(e)ys due to the corn factor. In contrast Irish Whskey & Scotch whisky are made primarily from barley (single malt whisk(e)ys are made from 100% barley) Barley gives a drier, smokier flavor.

Jim Beam is the largest producer of bourbon. Wild Turkey & Sazerac are a couple of other large producers.

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Old Mill

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

with today's financial markets I'll probably resort to two buck chuck

• free2think
    free2think
    two buck chuck

what's that?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    is too f’n Scottish

ah the irony...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Two parts Young's Chocolate Stout And one Part Raspberry Lambic. (Chocolate Truffle)

• free2think
    free2think

Lol tij

That sounds delish Decki, i've never heard of that one before. My mouth is watering now lol.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

free2think~ Run, try it. Ice cold it is da' bomb!

• free2think
    free2think

Im definitely going to it like fantastic. I think i know waht's gonna be on my shopping list tomorrow, an it ain't food.

Thanks hon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit