To Our Australian Posters: Aussie Bands (new & old)

by RAYZORBLADE 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I am having a somewhat retrospective evening.

Some of you whom have been on here for forever and a day, may recall my living in the Philippines back in 1988-1989.

I remember the radio stations eminating out of the Greater Manila area. Trust me, I haven't heard as good FM in other parts of South East Asia as I did in the Philippines.

I remember listening to this station from Manila: DWNU-FM. They frequently played Australian music. Stuff that never made it in the United States, but I will admit: Canada, did play some of it.

Right now, I am listening to: 1927

Does anyone from Australia, remember them?

Other bands I loved from there: Hunters & Collectors, Mental As Anything, Flash In The Pan, The Skyhooks (thanks to Prisca, she got me their CDs) and very early Little River Band (before they broke), INXS, Hoodoo Gurus, Killing Heidi, THE CHURCH (gorgeous music) and well, there's many more, but I'd love to read what my fellow Commonwealth buddies & babes either still love/like or are into these days.

Suggestions?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah 1927 were cool in the day.....INXS.....AC/DC.......Skyhooks were cool....Choir boys.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thanx man!

Great to hear at least, 1 response.

• jaydee
    jaydee

Boy I will have to go through my record collection to refresh my memory.

What about 'Cold chisel' (Jimmy Barnes), 'The Angels' (no way get ...... , .... off) 'Moving Pictures' (had the guy from 1927) 'Dear enemy ''The Models', Hey and don't forget 'Kylie'. And one of my favorites ' Sharon O'neill'. I'm sure I 've forgotten most of them. I used to see a lot of those bands back then. Those were the days

• Black Sheep
  • RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thanks folks.

So much stuff, I did not know about.

Thanks for the names; I will make an effort to check some of them out.

Keep adding some good fresh Australian talent.

Heaven knows, we need something unique and non-American for a change.

• jaydee
    jaydee

some more oldies

Sherbet

Dragon

Icehouse

Iam Moss

My sex

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Don't forget Men at Work...Midnight Oil... :)

The only song I've heard from The Church is Under the Milky Way... awesome song. I might have to check out their other stuff.

And Bic Runga should get an honorable mention, even though she's from NZ.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Australian's do not recognize New Zealand as part of our great country!.....It's like India and Pakistan if we had Nuclear weapons there would be war!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My favorite Aussie singer, Kasey Chambers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adW6DQ_BNss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit