Bought a new car!

by coffee_black 19 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

A while back I started a thread regarding the fact that I would have to buy a new car. Well, the day finally came... had to put the old one to rest... it failed the emissions test and would cost nearly $2,000. to fix. The old Saturn had 205,000 miles on it, so that would have been more than the car was worth.....So the search began.

I bought a 2009 Honda Fit http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?year=2009&make=Honda&model=Fit&trimid=-1&ICID=Search_SingleAutosGeneric_CAF

I love it! Soooo much fun to drive, huge cargo area (I have to schlep a lot of equipment and window samples for my job) Great on gas (the guage reads between 40 and 44 mpg.... I'm loving this car. I picked it up on Tuesday...If I could have designed a car specifically for me, I couldn't have done a better job.

I was worried that it would be hard to get financing due to the news reports of credit being really hard to come by...but all went through smoothly without any problems.

Coffee

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Enjoy it my friend......new car smell......I don't want you to think in 9 years it will be another "Old" car that's done 200,000 miles! LOL....sorry I'm so mean! Enjoy why shouldn't you.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Nice!

I hope you enjoy your ride for many years to come.

• yknot
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

All of america would like to thank you for your contribution to the economic welfare of our country. Evidently, from the latest statistics you are part of a very small group of new car purchasers.

I hope you got a really good deal.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You go, girl.

Sylvia

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I remember when I bought my car. It was a great feeling! Have fun! Enjoy! (and wishing you a quick pay-off )

• coffee_black
    coffee_black
    Sylvia......Aren't they pretty?

It's a really cute car... mine is silver

Gary....Why's the inside of a woman's car called a "cockpit"?

Not going to answer that one...

Coffee

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We bought our very first brand new car this summer . It is a gray HHR and we love it ! Lots of room for an economy car and avg over 30 mpg.

It is basically my husbands car .I'm hoping to trade my Sable in next summer for a smaller more gas saving car .I will definitely look into the FIT ,thanks for telling us how happy you are with yours .

• willyloman
    willyloman
    the showroom was very busy...and they made several sales just while I was there.

There will always be a market for quality cars like Honda (and it's upscale cousin, Acura). They run forever, they don't break, they don't leave you stranded, they are cheap to keep. And they're nice cars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit