What is WT latest policy

by dogisgod 10 Replies latest jw friends

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I have been dissassociated for many years. JWs cant get in my yard have 6ft locked fence (witness protection program) (really it's about keeping my animals safe). My mom is 89 and more hooked than ever. I suppose I have been too honest with her. She is basically a man hater so when she asks me if I believe the society is the faithful and discreet slave, I ask her if she is letting 17 penises in New York that she knows nothing about tell her what God's intent is? I say the bible says the only mediator between God and man is JC so why do we need another entity in there?

I go and see her and call her. I make sure she is allright and everything is good around the house. My non witness retired brother takes her out a couple times a week for lunch (he berates her, calls the bible a myth, and says she is crazy. He also wants to bomb the f...ing towelheads and shoot the GD mexican illegals. His religion is guns and the Marine Corp which he joined upon graduation from high school to get away from my mom.) She totally worships him.

Well......something has changed in her demeanor to me. She never calls anymore. When I take her out for lunch it is uncomfortable as she has no knowlege of anything that isn't filtered thru the societies filter. So the question is....Are JWs supposed to treat non active ones as if they are disfellowshipped? And what exactly is the latest policy of treatment of df/d people?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't know the policy, but the practice seems to be to treat as if already gone. The term in place is 'marking' and I believe it's been around since at least the mid/late 80's.

I think it's been that way in varying degrees for decades. I remember back in the early 80's my sister was best friends with someone she grew up with. My sister was baptized but her friend never was. At 20 the friend was still not baptized and was completely inactive. My sister was counselled to stop associating with non-witnesses. By not making a choice to align herself with Jehovah's organization, she clearly had made a choice on Satan's side.

Those that do not enhance your allegience to the WTS help strengthen your relationship with Jehovah will subtly allow you to drift away with them. Never would we want that to happen!

-Aude.

• yknot
    yknot

The 2007 DC book...... says to totally shun...

Keep Yourself in God's Love has wonderfully loving provision called "How to Treat DFd..(DAd are even worse then DFd)

http://www.4shared.com/file/52105694/a025bd4d/2008_Keep_Yourselves_in_Gods_Love_-_jehovah_witnesses_new_book.html

It has such doozy bits as "Is strict avoidance really necessary? Yes"

As for DAd.... 2005 "Organized to Do Jehovah's Will" pg 155 say DAd are to be treated the same as DFd

http://www.4shared.com/file/62479717/d683f930/2005_ODBook.html

Those who are merely 'inactive' are to be encouraged to return....... but many are equally shunned.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This sounds like a local elder talked to her about her spiritually unhealthy relationship with you.

Blame the elders.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Blame the elders

Sounds good to me...Blame the 6 Penises that dictate what the Brooklyn penises say.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

If your mother will not talk to you, perhaps you can go through the "back door" your brother.
    My folks were the same way with my brother. They shunned him. But I was able to to help my brother to communicate to me and then I passed the info to my mother.
    My parents did open up to my brother when they got really sick. Like nursing home sick.
    Even through my brother was shunned for years he was very kind with mom and dad.(He never brought up the past)
    I have been your shoes before. My self and the folks here will support you.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

From your description it sounds like you are just inactive. When I was in, to be disassociated you had to tell the elders that you no longer wished to be considered a JW anymore.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Give her a break...she's 89 for gawds sake. You're lucky she's still alive and even recognises you.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Yada, I appreciate what you said but remember you don't know the background with her and I. I do give her a break and I want to continue to be able to communicate, care for, and protect her at her age. The society isn't helping us out here. Just one woman from the cong visits her sporadically. No one checks on her, asks if she needs a ride to the meetings, asks her to go anywhere to get her out. She is the longest member and oldest of her congregation but is treated as if she is almost invisible. Whatever.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

dogisgod, I didn't mean to sound harsh, sorry. I'm sure you love her and sounds like you are doing all you can to care for her in the very twilight of her life. My point is: just drop all the religious stuff and love her for her she is without seeing her as a JW - your dear old Mum, a human being who needs you without judgment lenses. Even if she judges you, just ignore it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit