On the essence of being British...

by besty 24 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

amid all the hysteria of global financial meltdown, armageddon climate change and various other crises, here's a glimpse of why Britain used to have an Empire :-)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3109788/Gardeners-severed-arm-saved-by-frozen-sausage-rolls.html

Difficult to paraphrase and still retain the spirit of the story so just click and enjoy...

• avishai
    avishai

A mere flesh wound...

• caliber
    caliber

He just a a very slight mishap Besty ~ Caliber

" The understatement must always be the rule "

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I'm surprised he didn't phone ahead. Imagine just popping in on someone like that. I do hope he sends a note to apologize for this breach of protocol.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

LOL His neighbour was an American who is now suing him for trauma caused . . .

• Pubsinger
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That was great. Loved it.

My arm, it's a bit..."off". At least he is in good company.

The quintessential British "keep a stiff upper lip", Horatio Nelson.

• besty
    besty

This is the bit that cracked me up:

He added: "I didn't realise anything was wrong until I looked down and saw his arm was missing. I ran inside to call the ambulance and he sat outside on a stool.

So there are two options:

1 - the neighbour has a stool at his front door just in case somebody with a severed limb needs to sit down for a moment

2 - the neighbour asked him to wait outside while he fetched a stool

Either way I think they are both heroes. Talk about understated reactions all round...."I didn't realise anything was wrong until he asked me for a stool to sit on..."

• besty
    besty

@ Pubsinger

Yes I did see your post. I was repentant and got reinstated and so now am serving joyfully as an ex-JW again....

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

LOL

I hope you cried a lot to convince the committee of your repentance . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit