Do You Think George W. Bush Still Drinks?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

I mentioned it because some people were talking up an amendment to that he could run for a third term. Some kind of thought the Hillary run was a surrogate term for Clinton.

I don't think this country will ever change the two-term limit as long as we remember Roosevelt. Nothing wrong with him per se, but three terms proved to be too much, and in fact he sadly died in office.

This is a tough job and two terms are quite enough.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    I mentioned it because some people were talking up an amendment to that he could run for a third term.

WHO are these some people...

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ultra Democrats who look back upon him with the lingering fondness of their sandbox years in pre-school.

James Carville is one that I have heard opine this.

• yknot
    yknot
    Ynot - whether he is ready or not, he will have to after the two terms. Unless somebody like Bill Clinton can force an amendment

Not true under provision of homeland security....... http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, if you really think that (homeland security takeover) is reality, then maybe you should weave it into another 9/11 conspiricy thread.

• yknot
    yknot
    Well, if you really think that (homeland security takeover) is reality, then maybe you should weave it into another 9/11 conspiricy thread.

All I mentioned was that is allowable by law under the provision. When I look at Bush these days I get the feeling he justs wants to go home. I don't think he is evil or some mastermind, just a guy who was easy to manipulate.

• james_woods
    james_woods

+++ that, Ynot. Have you seen how much he has aged while in office? That is why I still say two terms are enough...sometimes more than enough. And I don't think he will be trying to run Laura for anything, either.

On a side subject - I think it is probably a great likelyhood that McCain, if elected, will probably be limited to one term by age and health.

• Mary
    Mary
    I ask because sometimes he looks like he's in more a stupor than normal.

Is that even possible?

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Not sure about the drinking - perhaps if he did he would look as if he had more courage. Given his performance over the past few days he is certainly not the man for a crisis. Too me he has no charisma or and natural authority. I have often wondered who is really in charge - GW looks more like a puppet than a leader. Good thing he is out of the job in a few months.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My husband and I both come from a long line of Irish alcoholics and can spot a drunk in a crowd. No, I don't think GW is drinking again, but I do believe he is organically deficient in some way. His eyes have that same hazy look that crazy and/or witless people have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit