New People Here?

by ESTEE 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Any new people among us these days?

ESTEE

• Gopher
    Gopher

Estee, not really. We're in the "last days" of this site as it is currently constituted and run by Simon. The end is "around the corner".

A "great crowd" have fled to other sites, and we have a "remnant" still here.

Simon has ended new registrations -- " no more inners ". So it's a little party till the end of the year for those still hanging out here.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi Estee.

We're long time occasional long standing members of this site; but most newbies could give a rat's ass about who we are/were.

I guess that's part of the progression of most on-line sites that deal with support.

You've offered much positive support over the many years.

You were one of those early sacrificial lambs.

You were ALWAYS kind, never ruffled anyones feathers.

A positive asset to any post-JW site.

Hugs!

• Aculama
    Aculama

Hi Estee! I'm pretty new ( just topped 100 posts ). I'm really bummed that this site is ending. I'm just getting the hang of it and other sites I've tried are a little awkward. If someone would like to post some links to simmilar sites it would be appreciated.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Other ex-JW sites are listed below. The first one's members are mainly non-JWD people, but it's the second largest ex-JW forum and it's about 4 years old.

The other two are newer, springing up in response to this site's impending finale. The 'recovery' site is for support, the 'support forum' site is mainly for ex-JW chatter.

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/

http://jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/phpBB3/index.php (JWR)

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php (JWS)

• Aculama
    Aculama

Gopher, Thanks alot I really appreciate it.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Hi, I am kind of new here. I have not tried the other sites yet. But I have to say I am very interested in the stories of the "old timers" sometimes I read a profile the their previous posts. I can't get enough of individual stories of people who have been through what I am. So please keep it coming.

• The Missus
    The Missus
    Hi, I am kind of new here. I have not tried the other sites yet. But I have to say I am very interested in the stories of the "old timers" sometimes I read a profile the their previous posts. I can't get enough of individual stories of people who have been through what I am. So please keep it coming.

Ditto!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Razorblade wrote,

You were one of those early sacrificial lambs. You were ALWAYS kind, never ruffled anyones feathers. A positive asset to any post-JW site. Hugs!

Aw, thanks Razorblade. I see I just missed your birthday, too . . . so Happy belated birthday! About this site, I am sorry to see it go, but I must say it is a sorry reflection on the JWs who felt they must use threats and intimidation to try and shut us up. The actions of Simon’s and Angharad’s enemies really shows everyone their true colors. Simon and Ang are loving and caring people who have saved many lives by making this site freely available. The JWs appear to have a murderous intent. They just want to shut our mouths---but that will never happen. By breaking up this site, they have in effect, been the cause of at least two new sites. The JWs can’t seem to apply the scripture to themselves, which says, “Do not meddle with these men, but let them alone; (because if this scheme or this work is from men, it will be overthrown; but if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them;) otherwise you may perhaps be found fighters actually against God.”---Acts 5:38-39.

Thanks for posting Razorblade. I don’t come on this site very much --- or any site. I’ve been so busy with work and school. I have registered with a couple of the sites mentioned. And I am watching for newbies for a specific reason. A dear friend was visiting the east coast of Canada and knows of someone who is being shunned right now. Dawn suggested to this person to get going on some of these healing forums. Dawn is smart. She has seen my progress and knows these sites work.

If only the jws could see what sickness lurks within their ranks. I pray for them all. After all, my kids are still in.

I am grateful for the internet. My mom didn’t have internet --- and got sucked back in. But that doesn’t happen as often anymore --- we know too much to get sucked back into that vortex.

Aculama wrote:

Hi Estee! I'm pretty new ( just topped 100 posts ). I'm really bummed that this site is ending. I'm just getting the hang of it and other sites I've tried are a little awkward. If someone would like to post some links to simmilar sites it would be appreciated.

Aculama, lovely to hear from you. And I’m glad to see that our friend Gopher has listed a few new places to log on for support. Thanks Gopher!

Gopher wrote:

Other ex-JW sites are listed below. The first one's members are mainly non-JWD people, but it's the second largest ex-JW forum and it's about 4 years old. The other two are newer, springing up in response to this site's impending finale. The 'recovery' site is for support, the 'support forum' site is mainly for ex-JW chatter.
    http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/
    http://jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/phpBB3/index.php (JWR)
    http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php (JWS)

This is really cool, two new sites to replace the one being shut down. I knew of the first one listed.

no more koolaide wrote:

Welcome to the forum no more koolaid! It sure is a lot quieter here these days. But quiet is okay, too. Lots is going on, though! Too bad the JWs are such cowards that feel they must threaten good folks like Simon and Angharad and their family. Appears the JWs are monsters. Oh well, they gotta look at themselves in the mirror.

The Missus, thanks for posting. Keep talking about your journey out of the WT. It will help the wounds heal. In the past exjws were all isolated from one another. There were no networks of help. But not so anymore! We have these wonderful healing forums where we can talk and feel supported and vent and heal --- and move on with our lives!

Love you all!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit