Honestly, Are You a Jealous Type of Person?

by minimus 11 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you tend to look at other people and wish you could have what they have?

When something financially good happens to someone, do you secretly get jealous and wish YOU were the one getting something?

My mother recently commended me for never exhibiting jealousy. And it's true: I don't look at another person's wealth or happiness and feel envious over it. Good for them!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am jealous of Ralph Lauren. He can keep his skinny supermodels, but I, James Woods, want his car collection.

• minimus
    minimus

I met Ralph Lauren at a Maine beach a few years ago. He was with a beautiful young lady! Hey, I think I'm starting to feel jealousy!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jealous?..No.....Envy?..Sometimes....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Nowman
    Nowman

no, I think people who have that jealous quality tend to portray in their attitude to others, i.e. putting others down, or trying to have one up...I know tons of people like that, have worked and still work with people like that.

Nothing wrong with being envious as long as its used to motivate ones self to do better...

Jealous people have hurt me alot over the years, I am not perfect, but I do know that I had every right to feel the way I did, you just move on, time heals everything.

Nikki

• dinah
    dinah

Not at all. I think being jealous of others is a sign of low self esteem. If someone has things you want, then work for it and get it for yourself. Sitting around being a hater isn't healthy.

I am a little jealous of Cheryl Crow cos she's so great, and I sing like a troll. (If you want proof, come over and watch us play Rock Band---my kids make me be the drummer)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

not a jealous bone in my body

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

No definitely not, never have been....

h40

• zagor
    zagor
    Do you tend to look at other people and wish you could have what they have?

When something financially good happens to someone, do you secretly get jealous and wish YOU were the one getting something?

Not really, not in that sense anyway. I love to see people succeed and being around people who excel. If anything I find it as a motivation to excel myself even more. There is really no need for that kind of jealousy. Long ago I've come to believe I can achieve anything I put my mind to it and I believe many people have that capacity it is just that too many do not have enough of a drive or desire to get themselves out of shit they are in. But if you can believe in yourself then seeing other people succeed can only drive you to greater achievements, at least that is what my parents have instilled in me since earliest childhood.

• yknot
    yknot

On a scale of 1 to 10.......... I am a negative 15.

Live and let live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit