How many here actually had a door key at Brooklyn Bethel?

by BonaFide 10 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

When I was a missionary, and sometimes bethelite, I was given a key that worked to get in almost all buildings. It's called the "Bethel Key" and if I remember correctly you have to sign for it, and you have to agree you will not make a copy. Anyway, I felt like I had the keys to the Kingdom when i had that key. Bethel means God's house, they say.

When my friends would visit, I would give them the key so they could go around Bethel and the lobbies as Bethelites, since so much of Bethel is closed off to the public. They liked feeling like Bethelites and they loved having the key?

What about you, anyone hear ever have the Keys to God's house?

BF

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I had keys to the Kingdom Hall. For a woman, I think that was unusual.

-Aude.

• oompa
    oompa

oh ya....oompa has one....his son....he lives there!!............oomps....nice digs too

• gymbob
    gymbob

Yo!

I now value the key to my tool box out in the garage more! Gymbob

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I had a Bethel key. (I still have my Bethel ID card. I was supposed to surrender it.)

• Satanus
    Satanus

leavingwt

I wonder what you could get for it on ebay. Bethel may want to buy it.

S

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Nah, I'll hang onto it. I have some great memories from my 'slaving for the Lord' days.

• gymbob
    gymbob

I still have some of the invitations given to the bethel family for gilead graduation.

If I combine that with a couple dollars, I can get a cup of coffee at Starbucks! GYMBB

• yknot
    yknot

OOOOOHHHH I know what would want for my B-Day or Xmas if I celebrated them!

Are women given them too (if so, was it only for housekeeping) or just men?

Anytime I am told not do something like that my mind says oh yes you should cuz you never know when it might come in handy... all part of the larger 'theocratic warfare' mindset the Elders drilled into my head in the '70's. I remember a brother who taught the teenagers in my first KH how to make fake IDs for when the GT started.... and how to do something with radios and telephones....but I can't remember what it was.

• VM44
    VM44

Hasn't Bethel moved over to using card keys?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit