I need help... Scan of magazine

by Cindi_67 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

If someone could tell me where to find a magazine that will say that those who accept blood transfusions don't have the hope of everlasting life.

I need to turn in a persuasive essay and need a quote.

Thanks

• yknot
    yknot

Mom's ex got custody of the bound volume collection but here is a quote:

g859/8p.10YourMedicalFreedom—TheCourtsSpeak!***

"It is to be remembered that this is not a ‘right to die’ case. On the contrary, Bessie Randolph wanted very much to live. But since her religious beliefs prohibited her from receiving lifesaving blood transfusions, Bessie Randolph’s spiritual ‘right to everlasting life’ was more important to her. . . . One might even argue that from the perspective of a Jehovah’s Witness, for the believer to accept a blood transfusion and thus forsake everlasting life is tantamount to ‘spiritual suicide’."

yb75pp.223-224Part3—UnitedStatesofAmerica***

In the early 1950’s an issue developed over the refusal of Jehovah’s witnesses to accept blood transfusions. On April 18, 1951, the state went to court in Chicago, Illinois, to take a child away from its parents so that doctors might give it a blood transfusion. Six-day-old Cheryl Labrenz was said to have a rare condition in which her red blood cells were being destroyed. According to the doctors, she would die if she did not receive a blood transfusion. As Christian witnesses of Jehovah, her parents, Darrell and Rhoda Labrenz, correctly viewed blood transfusion as a violation of God’s law and thus opposed it. They were concerned about their baby’s eternal welfare, for everlasting life is the prospect only of those adhering to God’s laws. But by court order blood was administered to Cheryl despite her parents’ protests.

w704/15p.249QuestionsThatPeopleAskAboutJehovah’sWitnesses***

But suppose one’s wife or child were near death. Giving blood, no matter who the loved one might be, would still constitute a violation of God’s law. Just because one is near death, this does not give one liberty to break God’s commands. When one is near death is no time to tamper with or violate the law of God, but a time to draw as near as possible to God by remaining faithful. Everlasting life is the reward for faithfulness. How foolish it would be to gamble away the prospect of life eternal for the very uncertain promise of a cure by blood transfusion!—Rev. 2:10.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Thank you for your reply. I needed one more updated. The one I had was from 1951, too old to cite. The one for 2004 is better. Thank you again.

• yknot
    yknot

Back in the late 80's is when the legal department really started getting more involved. For instance in the 1989 baptism prep book it cites Lev 7:27, yet the 2005 doesn't mention it at all.

I will keep looking in other books not found on the CD....

• yknot
    yknot

Okay how about this: 2005 What Does The Bible Really Teach:

Chap 13, para 15

Would a Christian break God's law just to stay alive a little longer in this system of things? Jesus said: "Whoever wants to save his soul [ or, life] will lose it; but whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25) We do not want to die. But if we tried to save our present life by breaking God's law, we would be in danger of losing everlasting life. We are wise, then, to put our trust in the rightness of God's law, with full confidence that if we die from any cause, our Life-Giver will remember us in the resurrection and restore to us the precious gift of life.-John 5:28,29; Hebrews 11:6.

Click the file file/61585821/

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The following show admission that JWs have died refusing blood

"In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue." Awake! 1994 May 22 p.2

"Jehovah's witnesses do not argue that blood transfusions have not kept alive patients who otherwise might have died." Blood, Medicine and The Law of God p.38
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

(Credit goes to jwfacts) The following show admission that JWs have died refusing blood "In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue." Awake! 1994 May 22 p.2

"Jehovah's witnesses do not argue that blood transfusions have not kept alive patients who otherwise might have died." Blood, Medicine and The Law of God p.38

N.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit