WTS PREDICTED THE END OF TODAY'S ECONOMIC SYSTEM!!!!!

by whereami 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

The Watchtower and it's apologists really need to pick up a history book now and then. There have been world events which made the events after 1914 appear as insignificant. I do not have the figures in front of me, but the "Black Death" that swept through Europe had catostrophic consequences in terms of loss of life (killing approx. one half of the European population, I believe). It also had incredibly damaging consequences to trade and commerce as well.

Even if there were a major market collapse, the consequences would not be nearly as dire as were prevalent in the 1930s. Part of the economic woes were due to the lack of the social safety net implemented later on (Social Security, Medicare, unemployment benefits, etc.) The 1930s also saw the collapse of U.S. agriculture with the "Dust Bowl" that swept through the midwest.

As regards to the JW's recent apocalyptic anticipations, I think there is something truly pathalogical about a movement who wishes to see mass disaster and human suffering so that their exclusive group can be ushered into their promised utopia. I find it to be borderline sociopathic, in fact.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I agree jeremy C.

My wife's aunt has already pulled the ezekiel scripture out about throwing money in the street.

One thing about a lot of the scriptures that seem tro predict ecconomic collapse, it is basically facts of any commerce. The scripture about a quart of wheat for a denarius and do not touch the olive oil or the wine, Is a facet of any ecconomic system. As the seasons change and new processes take shape, there is bound to be a change in what a certain monetary system will be able to buy.

• distazo
    distazo

Where were they, when the Asian crysis happened in 1997? This was just a few years ago.

But this time, the common Americans feel the pain them selves and now the Awake predicted the end :) yeah, right.

Asia already has recovered. Armageddon did not come then as well :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_financial_crisis

• shamus100
    shamus100

What Jeremy C said.

Whenever you comment on a thread, you have this gift of saying everything that needs to be said.

The watchtower just doesn't get that so much more happens in the world outside of America. People are starving to death right now from financial crises. The people in the U.S. don't amount to much, given the scope of the population of the earth. They're the most ignorant people on the planet.

• VM44
    VM44

The writer of the article first states the following:

During that time, paper money will be worthless.

Then they go on to say:

Why, Bible prophecy even says: 'Into the streets they will throw their very silver, and an abhorrent thing their own gold will become. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to deliver them in the day of Jehovah’s fury.'—Ezek. 7:19.

Where does the Bible here talk about paper money?

The writer is (was?) an idiot.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I believe that Jehovah is heavily invested in oil production and refining. Consequently, he is doing quite well in the current market climate and not inclined to "rock the boat" with any Armageddon nonsense at this time. The banks will have to deal with this on their own.

Perhaps if any viable alternative fuels appear on the market, Jehovah will bring the big A before his petroleum investments tank.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit