Stratton Case Could be Big

by metatron 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Joel may have something there. Door to door may end, but who cares. They can still use a phone to solicit, can't they? "Informally"? There's a million more ways than door to door that they use. We can't stop all of them. Shutting down the Watchtower is a delusion.

Helping people who leave to stay happy is really all we can do.

ashi

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

I guess you are classing me as a defender of the Watchtower. If I am a defender then they are really doomed. My comments are focused on poorly thought out, knee-jerk, cheap, criticism of the Watchtower. Much of what you say (notice I didn't say ALL - because you have produced some real gems of criticism) is just wishful thinking that emerges from the frustration of still having to do business with the organization. Maybe I'm wrong but I got the idea that you still attend meetings?

It pisses me off that they still have some power over me through my relatives etc. But I am realistic enough to know that the Watchtower has a good 20 years of life in it if some big "prophecy" doesn't bail them out.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, it will last until 2034...1914 plus 120 years allotted to Noah's generation equals...2034 which gives us 33 more years.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

that's the spirit blondie!

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Even if the USSC's decision is as harsh as possible against the WTS, it would not end the D-T-D work, but rather just be a nuisance and hindrance in those communities which would possibly later pass ordinances requiring registration and identification.

However, it would cause JWs with skeletons in their closets to forego registration since criminal background checks might be involved.

• metatron
    metatron

Proplog, I never thought that any legal challenge will end the
    door to door work. Rather, this could open the way to its decline.

As you note, APATHY is deadly to the organization. If you gradually
    place restrictions and complications on the door to door work,
    you can avoid feelings of persecution - which might be stimulative!

Guerillas chip away at the edges, wearing down the fighting spirit
    of corrupt centralized power.

metatron

• bsmart
    bsmart

So is the reason the Watchtower brought out the new carts?

• metatron
    metatron

keep chipping away in 2014! There is no other way to do it.

This is the Fabian strategy.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit