Where have WTS clamed to NEVER have spoken in Jehovahs name?

by still_in74 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still_in74
    still_in74

So I pulled this article from CD ROM as this was PDF'd on another thread by Atlantis

*** w79 9/1 pp. 29-30 pars. 28-29 The Royal "Shepherd" of Bible Prophecy ***Unlike the clergy class, those of the Jeremiah class have been sent by Jehovah to speak in his name. Nevertheless, the clergy prophets also claim to speak in his name and, hence, to tell the Bible truth. In this way Christendom’s religious leaders really ‘steal’ away the force and effect of the calamitous message proclaimed by the Jeremiah class. True, the Jeremiah class back up their message by quoting the words, "This is what Jehovah has said." But the clergy try to add weight and the ring of truth to what they preach by affixing the words, "An utterance!" Seemingly they speak from God. So they may use a Bible text as a pretext for preaching about politics or even war propaganda. Yet Jehovah is against such clergy prophets whom he did not send forth from his intimate group and who ‘steal’ words from his Bible in order to make a wrong application of them.—Jer. 23:30, 31.

29 How will Jehovah show that such clergy prophets are fakes? By not fulfilling what they announce to be "an utterance!" or what they presume to speak in his name. He does not back up their falsehood. "‘Here I am against the prophets of false dreams,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘who relate them and cause my people to wander about [going astray] because of their falsehoods and because of their boasting.’ ‘But I myself did not send them or command them. So they will by no means benefit this people,’ is the utterance of Jehovah."

what article was it where the WTS came out and blatantly said - "never did we say "this is what Jehovah has said, or that we speak in Jehovahs name" to that effect.

This article is pretty damming to the orgs "we arent inspired" stance....

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

wow. I've never seen this. Thanks for sharing.

• yknot
    yknot

Well I found this little blurb....

*** g93 3/22 p.4 Why So Many False Alarms? ***

Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’ Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah.’ TheWatchtower, the official journal of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has said: "We have not the gift of prophecy." (January 1883, page 425) "Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible." (December 15, 1896, page 306) TheWatchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah’s spirit "does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine TheWatchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes." (May 15, 1947, page 157) "TheWatchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic." (August 15, 1950, page 263) "The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)"—February 15, 1981, page 19.

I find it interesting too that none of the articles quoted include the Rutherford era

• still_in74
    still_in74

thanks Ynot thats the one!

but lets take this farther... the WTS says in your article

The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers

but what about this article? - *** w95 5/15 p. 12 Flashes of Light in Apostolic Times ***

9 This time, it was not by means of an obvious miracle that those early Christians received the light that circumcision was no longer a requirement for Jehovah’s servants. Rather, they received that increased light by searching the Scriptures, looking to the holy spirit for guidance, and hearing the experiences of Peter and Paul regarding the conversion of uncircumcised Gentiles. (Acts 15:6-21) The decision was issued in a letter that read in part: “The holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication.” (Acts 15:28, 29) The early Christians were thus set free from the command to practice circumcision and from the other requirements of the Mosaic Law. Hence, Paul could tell the Galatian Christians: “For such freedom Christ set us free.”—Galatians 5:1.

so here they are suggesting that the GB & Paul were not "inspired" to come to this understanding but rather they received light by researching the scriptures and learning from the experiences of others. This was obviously done to draw a parallel between how the GB gets "new light' and to how the apostles did, that they are in fact receiving the same "unispired new light" that the first-century GB were. However, if their were ever to be a definition of "mind-fuck" a combination of these 3 articles into one would certainly get the point across...

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

what interesting findings. Yes I noticed too, how the watchtower over a hundred years old was used to explain their answers to the question purposed to them. Yet interestingly they discouage every witness from delving into older literature. What a bunch of hypocrites. They use what ever they want when it suits them but the witnesses can't so much as ask a simple question from a older publication with out the elders antenae going up in the air and thinking oh oh there is someone talking to the apostates, We better keep our eye on him or her.

I mean isn't that really the truth of it all. They can pick and choose and yet they accuse the clergy of it and yet they can't see their own folly.

oh well.

Orangefatcat is alive and well.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

TheWatchtower,

the official journal of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has said: "We have not the gift of prophecy." (January 1883, page 425).

Now, the WTS has taught us at length that a prophet doesn't have to utter prophecies, he is God's representative, as it was repeated in last week WT study article :

" Jehovah assured Ezekiel that when the judgments he proclaimed came true, the rebellious house of Israel would" certainly know also that a prophet himself happened to be in the midst of them." (Ezek. 2:5) Similarly, when God carries out his judgments against the present system of things, people will be forced to recognize that the message Jehovah's Witnesses preached in public places and from house to house actually originated with the one true God, Jehovah, and that the Witnesses really did serve as his representatives"

Like the bat saying Look at my head I'm a mouse, look at my wings I'm a bird.

• dawg
    dawg

Man, I love it when their lies are exposed like this... good job man...

• sacolton
    sacolton

The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or any set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. (The Watchtower, 1931 November 1 p.327)
    No man's opinion? Then on whose authority do they speak?

• yknot
    yknot

Which all begs the question.... if the WTS is 'god's sole channel' then why aren't the divinely directed? If Jesus hand picked them and 'refined' them between 1918-1930 something, under the guidance of angels and anoited dead why has he since abandoned his 'faithful flock' to their own devices?

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Man, I love it when their lies are exposed like this... good job man

thanks Dawg... I do my best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit