Pro-Fiat Money... Debate Me and get your A$$ Kicked...

by Confucious 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Alrighty...

All in good fun here.

But I feel like the tough guy calling out anybody and everybody.

But people have been talking bad about the Federal Reserve and the United States Fiat Money system.

I thing it's good. It keeps a balance.

After all... ALL money is fiat.

Even if we returned to the Gold Standard - ALL money is fiat.

It's just a representation of "what people will pay for what."

For example... if you need someone to mow your lawn... it might be a piece of paper that says $20 or 2 specs of gold... either way.. it's just representative of goods and services.

That's why we're not on the barter system.

Because who can say, "Mowing my lawn is worth 3 oranges."

So there you are.

I'm calling out the whole JW Discussion Forum, LOL.

Do you want to debate me?

Warning: You might get your A$$ kicked, LOL.

All in good fun. I await your posts.

Confucious

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..So..You want me to debate about,whether mowing your lawn is worth 3 oranges???..LOL!!.....I think the debate should be about..Whether you should wear a helmet or not,when you go outside..Hyper 2Hyper 2..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Robdar
    Robdar

No need to debate you. The state of the economy speaks for itself.

And raspberries to all the wise asses who thought one global economy would be a good thing. I guess we'll all go down together.

Screw John Lennon.

Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

And since you say this thread is all in good fun, screw you too.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

John Lennon is dead..So is last nights Bottle of Scotch..Drinking Contest..........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Robdar
    Robdar
    John Lennon is dead..So is last nights Bottle of Scotch

But the scotch is still having an effect, and so is Lennon.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Love this $hit.

Ok... Outlaw... Robar.

Love you... so this is all in good fun.

But my point is that money is relative - whether you tie it to gold or tie it to oranges.

Right now... the dollar is tied to the good faith of the United States government.

And for now? It works - for whatever it's worth.

Con

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

The fiat system seems to be more flexible but also prone to abuse when compared to the gold standard system. But the gold standard system doesn't really work and isn't used in any country today.

You are absolutely right that it just comes down to bartering. We are trading what someone else thinks has value for goods/services. That item of value may increase or decrease in value based on many factors. Doesn't matter if the "item of value" is gold or dollar bills or toenail clippings.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    But my point is that money is relative - whether you tie it to gold or tie it to oranges.

I got your point Confucious. I'm not saying I disagree with you. I was just running amok.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Con............There`s a donkey on the next ranch over and it never shuts up..Hee-Haw!..Hee-Haw!..Hee-Haw!.....I went over to have a look at it..It`s not that big.....But..When it goes off,it sounds like it`s in your living room!..Someone paid money for that dam thing!..You can`t buy a donkey for 3 oranges..You can`t buy a bullet to shoot the donkey for three oranges.....In Mexico you can`t give away three oranges..But..They`ll take your Donkey!...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

Confu, I hire you to mow my lawn. We agree its a $20.00 job. I write you a check and you run to the bank in good faith.....Oh sorry, there are no funds to back up that piece of paper. I was counting on someone to pay me back 20 I loaned them plus interest. Now you can hold on to that check for as long as you like, thinking eventually you will have that $20.00....

The person I loaned the 20 to in good faith can't pay me back, infact I'm waiting for someone to bail me out because I've loaned out money I didn't really have. ...I have to take pennies on the dollar for most of what I own...and that has to cover every one else I stiffed, so now that check for 20 is only worth one dollar. In the mean time you have promised someone else you have 20 in your account and you too are now unable to cover the $20.00 you owe. It goes on and on and eventually we wind up exactly where we are right now.....So much for good faith.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit