WHAT WERE RUTHERORD'S TOP 10 MISTAKES?

by badboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY IDEAS?

• yknot
    yknot

Believing his own BS.

Christ only mediating for 144,000 versus all.

Appointment crap

Allowing Clayton Woodworth to do anything.

All the delusions from prison

Demands for conformity

Being drunk

Predicting Dates

Writing books

Angel crap and dismissal of holy spirit

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Being a fat, abusive, drunken, manipulative, lieing, obnoxious, controlling, greedy, egotistical, big mouth bastard.

Oh sorry! You mean with regards to the watchtower. Hmm, give me a few hours. Ten just doesn't quite cover what he did wrong. Thats worthy of a book.

1 Fooling around with Berta Peale, while not allowing, relatonships for others. ( double standard)

2 Alledgedly visiting a strip club in Paris. ( double standard)

3 Writing a slew of garbage books, that no one reads. ( Rutherfords rainbow of idiocy)

4 Working to death the boys at the factory, and giving them peanuts and very poor accomodations ( Double standard) He lived in the lap of luxury and was wealthy even during the depression)

5 Making his own family hate him, and being a terrible father ( setting a poor example)

6 Using legal trickery ,to illegally usurp Russels wishes

7 Getting his men to carry canes,, to give the impression of infirmity, when they were actually used to double as a weapon. ( Talk about a shepards Crook) Bunch of thugs!

8 Allowing prohibition booze on the proprerty and being a drunk ( setting a bad example again)

9 Constructing Beth Sarim and using the excuse of the prophets returning in 1925 to deed it to himself, when he already had a home. ( False prophecy and greed)

10 Creating the business of shunning ( the most evil family destroying act of cruelty ever!)

11. Using phonographs to annoy and radio to preach his garbage.

12. Putting his loyal men in danger by encouraging unpatriotic behaviour

13. Creating a pecking order in the congregations by having the removal of elected elders

14 Turning what Russel taught into more of a form, of cultlike Judaism.

15. Accepting the title of Judge when he never was

16. Ruining young kids by, not encouraging higher education, which he already had himself, and then making school life difficult for them, by not saluting flags etc.

17. Teaching bogus medical things, such as man with a big nose has more power inherently, then someone with a pug nose and a host of other whacky ideas.

18. Creating enmity with Catholics because of his big mouth

19. Canning loyal freinds like Olin Moyle and Walter Salter who were trying to make him see some reason.

20. Expecting people to live like dogs, and travel ridiculous lengths, with very little money, to attend his marathon sessions of tripe, and giving false hope with his "Millions now living, will never Dry" speech. That part was true, anyways. They probably got drenched in those mud soaked areanas.

Hows that for now?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good one Tyrone, haven't read a good post like that in a long time....thanks

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Lol, Thanks Homer.

• Honesty
    Honesty

His birth.

• badboy
    badboy

STRIP CLUB?

WHAT STRIP CLUB?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I was researching and reading for several months, before I found that juicy tidbit. Unfortunately , this was before I was even a member of the board and I didn't think to keep the link. It doesn't suprise me, that you've never heard it before. I have never seen anyone, print that bit, on this board.

Since it's a juicy bit, I'll see if I can find it again. But give me some time. I have to track it down. Inicidently, if my memory serves correctly, they did not mention the name of the bar. I'll do my best.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Hmm, I googled it and it turns out it was discussed here at one time. This is a link I found from Lady Lee to the conversation with Leolai, Vm44 and Cyber Guy, Farkel and in particualr read Voyageurs comments. I'm sure it is written about elsewhere however cuz this is not where I first read it. I will provide another interesting link too. It was a burlesque show in Paris. Semi nudes in 1926.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/77500/1.ashx

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Here is another link, of which I'm sure there are better ones, with regard to breifly mentioning in the last paragraph about homosexual and brothel like activities at Bethel which Knorr breifly mentioned himself.

Just read the last paragraph. I know that there is more however. I read an awful lot on him, but I'm just showing you, I'm not making this stuff up.

http://www.freeminds.org/history/mystery_years.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit