Should I call the local elders

by joelbear 14 Replies latest jw friends

• perfectpie
    perfectpie

JoelBear, how r u dude?

Thanks for sharing your questions and asking for advice. All the replies here are great. I think you would know best if seeking the local elders help is a good idea. Do you know what the local elders are like? Are there any that can look beyond the normal and can show sympathy. Many here have had bad experiences with elders within J.W.'s so I can understand the direction of their advice. I on the otherhand have ,for some reason or another, had very cool and reasonable elders to deal with even in my slow departure from the Witness fold. They are still there for me.

Sometimes we ask questions to see if anybody out there cares and sometimes to find truth, sometimes both. I hope you find both.

I was an elder and I can give you an idea of the answers if you would like. Let me know. If not you could use the C.D. watchtower. Of course this would tell you the J.W. official stand on these issues. And if thats what you are looking for then perhaps you can find them there.

Keep on asking questions Joel, often they are more important than the Answer. There is truth in the quest for truth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Joel,you want to ask these guys questions?Why?I think you already know they are just going to repeat what they`ve been told.Then they will do their best to back it up with scipture.The answer they give you will only be good till they get NEW LIGHT.Then they will have a new answer for you.These guys are brain dead!If I remember correctly your not DF.If they find out your gay they will try to make your life miserable with the rest of your family.You`ve made a new life for yourself enjoy it.Don`t give them the chance to mess it up...OUTLAW

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi all,

I've had a couple of people offer to answer my questions online in private, but so far, no one has actually answered the questions.

Anyone here is free to email me or answer my questions here.

I have already researched these issues in the Watchtower. These questions are not answered there other than to say, these things are not understood yet.

Joel

• gambler
    gambler

I will take a stab at your questions in my opinion. #1.The reason gods justice seems unfair is becase god is a mythical made up concept of control seeking humans so they can delude themselves into thinking they can be eternal. #2.I dont beleive anybody can have total truth.As far as JW being a loving org, if you have spent any time with these people you will realise your answer in no time.

• ISP
    ISP

Joelbear...you are playing their game by contacting them. Just do what you think based on your conscience etc. Its what being an adult is all about!

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit