Obama slip-up?

by mustang 15 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

This is an excerpt from an email I got from a friend.

What do you think is worse, Muslim or Pentacostal????????? Did you see Obama on one of those Sunday talk shows when he slipped and said "they" are attacking my Muslim faith??????? Me thinks me better stick to my European (england) southern roots...

Did anybody else see this TV interview? Any clues on program, date, channel/network, etc?

Mustang

• LDH
    LDH

Pls tell your friend I said, How racist. Yeah, the Europeans have never done a thing to hurt anyone. Why, they wouldn't harm a fly.

This has been debunked a million times as not accurate. He was doing an interview, with Tim Russert I believe, and he was PARAPHRASING what others say when trying to debunk him.

• mustang
    mustang

No problem, LDH: looking for the explanation. If that's it, it's buried in the details of all that ranting and I missed it. Cheers

Mustang

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

He was referring to his detractors claiming that he was of the 'Muslim faith." Edited with the intent to deceive it could look like a slip-up - as so many edits can. When you peel away the layers of lies and deceit - you can't beat the Republicans for sheer trickery, audacity, nastiness and lack of integrity. They do, boy howdy, know how to get elected. They just fookin'-A don't know how to govern once they get elected (or fix it to win the election.)

• still-fading
    still-fading

I like it last week when he said, "My Muslim faith" and George Stephanopoulos had to jump in and bail him out!

• LDH
    LDH

Still fading, that's the interview we're talking about. If you saw the clip on You Tube you know he was paraphrasing. But go on ahead, continue with your delusions.

Mustang, no biggie. How ya doing?

• still-fading
    still-fading

Sorry, It's late! And you saying Russert threw me, it was with George Stephanopoulos. And I saw it live on TV...I missed the meeting that morning! And delusions? It rolled of the tongue a little to easy. Looked like he got a little rattled, and that was during a softball interview! I guess someone blocked his teleprompter!

• mustang
    mustang

Fair to good; my insurance company is making the doctors rich this month

Charlie Rose had two commentators on that are always in the thick of the political conventions; one of them mentioned that this was the first time he had ever seen OUTRIGHT LIES fielded in the political hot & heavy. Usually some sort of "plausible denial" is used. But this time, McCain's group just threw a "bald faced lie" over the fence. I don't have the details on that one, but Charlie's programs could be backtracked.

Speaking of that, both Obama and Hillary have been on Charlie's show. Hillary stuck her foot in her mouth, past the knee on there about 4 years ago.

Mustang

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Pretty stupid slip up for a major politician, whatever he was really trying to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGMQ5DpVVTM

Seriously this guy has got no hope of winning. Democrats who voted for him over Hillary made a terrible mistake.

• mustang
    mustang

Hey, SBF:

I need to send that YouTube thing to somebody. how do I forward it or do the URL reference, or what??

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit