New Creationist museum in Portsmouth UK

by HB 16 Replies latest social current

• Caedes
    Caedes
    The only reason that evolution is taught so widely is that it is used as the justification for Marxism, Leninism, Secular Humanism, Atheism, etc-

No, it isn't, evolution is a fundamental part of studying biology and is taught for that reason.

• undercover
    undercover

Am I the only one that sees the humor in "creationist museum"...

Seriously, what does one display in a museum that highlights evidence of a myth? The Bible?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    BTS, Franklin and Hamilton were founding fathers. But your point is valid; I shouldn't have used the term "President." I would like to see more prominent, non-political figures on our currency like other nations do. How about that? ;)

Oh alright.

What Americans of that stripe would you like to see?

BTS

• Caedes
    Caedes

Seriously, what does one display in a museum that highlights evidence of a myth? The Bible?

Along with a little plaque saying "all you need to know...bitches"

I did notice they have in their 'museum' a headstone for the death of evolution, (obviously this museum includes prophesy as one of their areas of study) so that says all you need to know about the quality of their 'exhibits'.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    What Americans of that stripe would you like to see?

Scientists or others that have done amazing things to benefit humanity: Edison, Einstein (German but had US citizenship), Hawking, Norman Borlaug, etc. I don't see why we couldn't include non-Americans: Pasteur, Galileo, Newton...

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

BA...you just made me throw up a little. Have fun with your imaginary friend; I'll stick to science. Religious dogma has never beaten science... threatened and tortured, maybe...but never beaten ;)

• besty
    besty

I have no issues with a creationist theme park - what was it PT Barnum said again....?

So long as the magickman in the sky wot did it all when we wasn't looking stays in the theme park and out of real museums and science classes....

The official position of The Royal Society from The Times yesterday:

The Royal Society said that “creationism has no scientific basis and should not be part of the science curriculum. However, if a young person raises creationism in a science class, teachers should be in a position to explain why evolution is a sound scientific theory and why creationism is not, in any way, scientific.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article4768820.ece

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit