My Story - Part 4

by Jeremy C 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• choosing life
    choosing life

Jeremy, I enjoyed reading this part of your story. Pioneering was really an eye opener for me too. It was kind of like putting to the test all the fanciful advice of the society. What I thought would be a wonderful spiritual adventure turned into a very real life discouragement.

The preoccupation with counting time and the obvious practice of wasting time was infuriating. The longed for goal of pioneer school was a long, slow endurance of monotonous repetition. No deep pearls of wisdom there.

The nail in the coffin was a study that just kept saying aloud what I felt inside about many of the watchtower doctrines. She could so easily refute them and I wanted to agree with her, but had to keep up the watchtower front. I eventually turned the study over and disappeared because I could not teach anyone what I no longer believed myself.

Looking forward to the next part of your story. You write vey well.

cl

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks Jeremy,

Interesting. Just 30 minutes ago we had a volunteer worker from Rick Warren's Saddleback church over, talking about his efforts in Rwanda right now. He is helping organize relief over there!

Randy

• halcyon
    halcyon

I have ALWAYS dreaded field service, and it was BECAUSE I recognized that talking to people out there would inevitably shake my faith. I wanted those homes to be dark inside so that I could remain in my little closed-eyed comfort zone. Ever since I was like ten years old and actually listened to what the people at the doors were saying.

I never pioneered because I wanted to stay in the truth, ironically ....

My pioneer friend left JW loooooong before I ever did ....

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

good story.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Regrettably I missed all of this before, but after reading your post on why young people are leaving the Watchtower I found these.

Enjoyed all four parts, and look forward to part 5 and beyond. Thanks.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Looking forward to part 5 of your life story - the bethel years. I think we were there at the same time.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Wow! A pleasure to read indeed. Thanks for sharing.
    But, ah, well,......where is part 5? LOL
    Patiently waiting.

CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit