How to Endure Meetings Constructively - My Approach

by Room 215 19 Replies latest forum tech-support

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That's one good idea--try to keep track of how many times a scripture is misused per boasting session or how many times they put the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger in Jesus' position. And, if you reach double digits, it's a bonus.

Yes, that field circus washtowel is a doozy. They have to misrepresent the scriptures to make it look like everyone needs to go out in field circus and report the time. I don't think there is even one scripture that, when properly applied, suggests that everyone has to be going from door to door. In fact, it is plain that some were given as teachers (not all). It ls all a scam.

• ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

How risque, OM! But how worth a try.

• Open mind
    Open mind

@ Gopher!

I almost forgot about Bullshit Bingo.

Thanks for the refresher course!

om

• still_in74
    still_in74
    If you MUST go for whatever reason, try it, you'll like it. You could do a lot worse!

yes this is exactly what I do! I like to listen to the contradictions and cult-speak but after a while I dont even care about how stupid they sound cause they dont know anyway......

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Colin Quackenbush, a one-time editor of Awake magazine now deceased, said "The meetings need saving." He too said he would read his Bible when the meetings were bad.

• Graham G.
    Graham G.

Thank you sooooo much for the BS Bingo post!!! I laughed so hard that my co-workers came to see if I was ok!!!

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Oh, the pinch was mighty strong
    from Gran'ma at the meetin'
    Oh, the inattention: wrong,
    my concentration: fleetin'.

Yes, I went to the lav
    to splash water on my face.
    But now I don't have any care:
    I don't dare go near that place.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Gopher! Thanks, I laughed out loud!

Rm215, I may I suggest some more constructive reading such as "The End of Faith", "The God Delusion", or "god is not GREAT"....

A@G

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

LOL @ Bullshit Bingo

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

i'd read the bible at the kh too! got me noticing their craziness and misquotes and misapplictions of scripture. reading the bible alone is a major deadly sin to the wts! one of the reasons i left actually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit