"Les Misbarack"--What do u think?

by patio34 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ijYVyhnn0

Sorry, I'm not sure I can embed the video or how. I this!! Any comments?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Classic. I love it!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

That was quite good actually...great voices,

I liked it....lol

h40

• avishai
    avishai

Good stuff

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Like the music. Is this pantomine?

But dont understand what it is about.

• avishai
    avishai

Yes, it's lip-synced from "Les miserables" the musical.

• patio34
    patio34

Here's a brief article from Huffingtonpost.com about it:

The latest political viral video sensation is an uplifting and ambitious musical number that's inspiring Obama supporters and bringing out the worst in McCain fans. Les Misbarack was directed by JD Walsh, founder of the Los Angeles improv troupe Ultimate Improv and features actors from the group.
    Les Misbarack shot to prominence when popular blogger and Obama supporter Andrew Sullivan posted it with the cryptic comment "Whatever happens, the McCain campaign could never pull this off. Patience, steel... triumph."

I thought they were actually singing. Avishai, what's the source of the lip-synching info?

Pat

• patio34
    patio34

Here's the website for Ultimate Improv--I didn't see anything that indicated they weren't singing & they had the clip on their site.

http://www.ultimateimprov.com/index2.php

Did you notice McCain and Palin in it? It was so funny!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What tipped me off that they couldn't really be singing is that I saw the guy with the cup in his hand almost start to take a drink of water while his mouth was wide open "singing". He started to, then hesitated. It caught my eye. (He was in background at the time.)

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I loved it. Just another example of people becoming involved in the process.

Whether your blue or red, Dem or Repub, correct or horribly, horribly wrong... you should vote and make your voice heard!!

CountryGuy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit