what do you think of czeck beer?

by stillajwexelder 10 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think it is at least as good as German Beer. Just drinking some now

• wobble
    wobble

Once upon a time there was a great beer called Pilsener Urquell. What was great was the flavour,something you Americans are afraid of,so i've been told.the flavour came from maturing in f'ing HUGE wooden barrels that used to get a big mouldy build up of gunge which was just scraped out,!

The germans bought the brewery and introduced "hygenic" methods with steel barells etc,it never tasted the same,it is now just a shadow of it's former glorious self(bit like me)

Czeck beers are good though,mind you there are no bad beers,some are just worse than others!

love

beerswillen,beer lovin,beergutted,

Wobble

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I had the suspition that pilsner urquell was good, but I hated it!

Like german, holland, and irish red beers.

love corona, fosters, and yuengling

• yknot
    yknot

Grew up on the stuff.....(well that and Shiners)

Poutnik, Svijany, Vyskov, Zatec, Breznak, & Rohozec are all served by our local SPJST

• DrMike
    DrMike

Pivo! :)

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I've only had lagers/pilsners from there. Nothing special. But I prefer ales and porters, so I don't really have a taste for lagers.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Czeck beer tastes better if the imbiber is sitting in the Old Town Square, in Prague, with a view of the Astronomical clock.

Mrs. Quotes and I enjoyed this experience this past summer.

Yes, in that setting, Czeck beer is excellent. Then again, the ambience would have made cheez whiz and crackers taste great, so I may be biased!

~Q

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I've had Pilsener Urquell a few times, and enjoyed it.

BTS

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Czech beer tastes better if the imbiber is sitting in the Old Town Square, in Prague, with a view of the Astronomical clock. I agree but that is not always possible. Just like Guinness is best drunk overlooking the river Liffey

• Beans
    Beans

Possibly the best beer in the world! I love it!

Being the Canadian District Overbeer I recomend this to all faithful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit