1908 Where Are The Dead--John Edgar--PDF!

by Atlantis 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

1908 Where Are The Dead--John Edgar--PDF! Bookmarked Searchable Reduced

• 1905 Thy Word Is Truth M. R. Bond. Recommended and sold by the WTB&TS.
  • 1908 Where Are the Dead? John Edgar, recommended and sold by the WTBTS.
  • 1912 Great Pyramid Passages Volume I Written by John and Morton Edgar, recommended and sold by the WTBTS, 410 pages
  • http://www.freeminds.org/sales/wtpubs.htm#bbo Click the link at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/9poyre Cheers! Atlantis!-
  • cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks, Atlantis, for posting this!

This was the booklet that led Fred Franz into the Bible Students. It shows the inter-connection of the Edgar brothers with Russell and shows that the Edgars were in the mainstream of the movement.

May 1, 1987 WT, p. 24 (Fred Franz's life story in the Watchtower magazine):

"This

IstheTruth!"

We recall that on one occasion Jesus Christ said to his disciples: "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32) The year previous, 1913, my brother Albert got "the truth" in Chicago. How did Albert get "the truth"?

One Saturday night in the spring of 1913, Albert had gone to bed early in the dormitory of the YMCA, where he was living while working in Chicago. Later, his roommate burst into the room to explain a difficulty. He was invited that night to the home of a Mr. and Mrs. Hindman, and their daughter Nora was to have a girlfriend there at the house. Two girls would be too much for Albert's roommate to handle by himself. With alacrity, Albert rose to the occasion. During the course of the evening, Albert's roommate was getting along quite famously with the two young ladies. But Mr. and Mrs. Hindman concentrated on Albert, introducing to him the teachings of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society.

Albert then sent me a booklet entitled WhereAretheDead? written by a Scottish doctor, John Edgar, a member of the Glasgow Congregation of the International Bible Students. At first, I laid the booklet aside. Then one evening, having a little time on my hands before going to choir practice, I began to read it. So interesting did I find it that I could not lay it down. I kept on reading it as I walked about a mile to the Presbyterian church. Since the church door was still locked, I sat on the cold stone steps and kept on reading. The organist came along and, noting how absorbed I was in what I was reading, said: "That must be something interesting." I replied: "It sure is!"

Since I so enjoyed the new truths I was learning, the thought occurred to me to ask the preacher, Dr. Watson, what he thought of this booklet. So that very evening, I handed him the booklet and asked: "Dr. Watson, what do you know about this?"

He took the booklet, opened it up, and then sneered: "Oh, that must be some of that Russell stuff. What does he know about eschatology?" I was really taken aback by his contemptuous attitude. As I took the booklet back and turned away, I thought to myself: "I don't care what he thinks about it. This is the TRUTH!"

Before long, on one of his visits back home, Albert brought me the first three volumes of StudiesintheScriptures, written by Charles Taze Russell. Albert also got me acquainted with the local congregation of Bible Students, which happened to meet right next door to the Presbyterian church. I was delighted with what I was learning and soon decided that the time had come for me to sever my connection with the Presbyterian Church.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Cabasilas:

You are very welcome my friend! Yes, I remember that article you posted. Very interesting!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• garybuss
    garybuss

Glad to have this. Thanks!

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, Atlantis.

Thank you for this valuable material.

You are great!

Even if it is after this forum is ended, I would like to know this work of yours that makes PDF.
    I always appreciate to you.

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks.

'sneered: "Oh, that must be some of that Russell stuff. What does he know about eschatology?" I was really taken aback by his contemptuous attitude. As I took the booklet back and turned away, I thought to myself: "I don't care what he thinks about it. This is the TRUTH!"'

Time proved the pastor correct and russell a confabulator. Of course, that fact didn't disabuse freddy. He went on to become an even greater inventor of tales than was charlie.

S

• VM44
    VM44

Thanks cabasilas.

John Edgar was a prolific writer!

I noticed an ad in the back of this work for the three volumes on The Great Pyramid that he authored.

Didn't John Edgar also write a tract on the preservation of identity in the resurrection?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Garybuss:

Possible-san:

Satanus:

VM44:

Thank you!

N.

• VM44
    VM44

Thank you Atlantis for making all these PDFs of hard to find material available.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

VM44:

Thank you my friend!

Didn't John Edgar also write a tract on the preservation of identity in the resurrection?

I think I have "Preservation of Identity" in pdf if you want it!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit