You Feel Free to Discuss Politics NOW.

by compound complex 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Fellow Members,

Because of some convoluted reasoning based on so-called Christian neutrality, JWs do not discuss the taboo "political issues." Accordingly, there are supposed true accounts in AWAKE! and various yearbooks about faithful Witnesses whose lives were spared in hostile situations because warring factions in their countries respected JW refusal to join in political controversy. IOW, Christian neutrality can save your life!

There is so much discussion on JWD regarding the current presidential campaign. Is such discussion new to you as well as enjoyable?

I never recall Witnesses from my past talking about political matters but in reference to end-times WT dogma.

Your thoughts, please ...

Thanks,

CoCo

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I think Politicians are on the same playing field as the Society!

Who can lie cheat and steal more!

Our government is run by Corporate interests and Lobbyist the only way to change that is to overthrow the government!

There all Cockroaches and i would line them all up and shoot them!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, #1, for your thoughts ...

If any of you are actively involved in politics now, I'd be interested in learning about your "conversion" from JW to current affiliations.

CoCo

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hi Coco,

I think that religion is replaced, in many cases, with politics and/or nationalism. Do a lot endlessly bicker about these things in the ex-jw community? Not really - but it's hard not to see the threads 5 pages long, and think we all do. I still fail to see what these threads have to do with leaving a cult.

"My country is better than your country" (nationalism). Bleah. It's actually quite sickening - we're all just human beings.

In any event, cest'la'vie. Cawliss estste' tabernac'.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Good thread.

Thanks to my release from the Glorious Freedom of Jehovah's People, I am now free to get into heated political discussions and have my intelligence insulted by people that actually display real emotions that were once hidden behind the mask of the New Theocratic Personality. If they were all here with me, I would pour them all a draft. Well, most of them anyways.

I love it.

Bless us all.

BTS

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I have always had an interest in politics (even when I was in). Listen to talk radio and watch alot of cable news. But I do feel more free to discuss now.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Well, it sure is different for me ...

Thanks for your thoughts.

CoCo

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Yeah, it is kinda fun to express opinions and actually think about the process of politics. As JWs we hid behind the mask of "it is all evil and not for us" and NOW it is like, well, this is our lives, too.

Of course, politics are still ugly - always were - but now we get to be part of the fun!

• compound complex
    compound complex

NOW it is like, well, this is our lives, too.

Thanks, BB!

CC

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I was raised a dub, but we always talked about politics to some degree, but were of course, never involved. The governor of our State at the time(John Volpe) tried to convince my dad to get into politics...but of course that didn't happen. I remember when Kennedy was elected. I was just a little kid. My dad was worried that since he was a Catholic, that might lead to jws being persecuted...since the wt was so critical of Catholics. Seems really silly now...

It's a great freedom to discuss and actually participate in the process.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit