Why no signature here?

by AK - Jeff 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

http://jehovah-has-become-king.com/documentation.html

Scroll down to the 2001 documents - I ask about the letter to various branches listed first under that year.

I never noticed before, but wouldn't this letter normally be signed? I am corresponding with someone who is asking - she may look in to see the answer here. I hope someone knows. I don't.

Jeff

• yknot
    yknot

Is 'via CompuServe"..... a way in which some of you Elders have received WTS info?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Bttt

Both the via Compu-serve and the lack of signature is bothering me.

Is this letter real?

Jeff

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

I don't know anything about CompuServe or the signature, but the explanation given and language used seems perfectly in character with the WT's likely response.

Not that it means anything, but WT apologists have taken this explanation and defended it heartily, indicating their belief that it is genuine and demonstrating that the explanation works for the thoroughly indoctrinated, which is really all that is necessary for the WT's purposes.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Seems like a stupid thing to do if someone was trying to fake it. Why wouldn't they copy/paste a signature from another doc to make it more legit if they were going to fake it?

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

All of the committee members aren't going to sign that. It's attributed to the committee.

Also, it's not like the Constitution of the United States, where it would be a badge of honor. If I were on that committee, I wouldn't want my individual name on that.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    All of the committee members aren't going to sign that. It's attributed to the committee.

Agreed. Does anyone know if these committee letters normally carry a signature though? I recall that we used to see letters to the BOE or to the congregations from the WTS and they usually had a stamped signature of some sort, not a name I think, but a body signature of some sort as I recall.

Jeff

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

Yes the signature is usually a stamp of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, it is in hand writing I think, i've seen it before. Good point, cause I never paid attention to that, and it is one of the 'backup' letter I'm enclosing to my mom.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Not that there is any lack of serious evidence in the UN matter - there is - but I have heard of at least one elder completely rejecting the idea based on a single letter that had areas blacked out - he called it a 'fake' and then jumped to the conclusion that the whole matter was 'fake' also.

This is my reason for serious inquiry.

Jeff

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

All the letters I have seen in my 30 years as one receiving letters, were signed in the sense that they had this stamped signature in hand-written form, saying "Jehovahs'Witnesses" or "Christian Congregation" or "Governing Body" or "Branch Office" or "Branch Committee" or whatever, as it is also shown in the various Yearbooks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit