If God does destroy the world iin 2012, can he start with Florida?

by easyreader1970 6 Replies latest jw friends

• easyreader1970
  • Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

If He does destroy it in 2012 I wish he'd start right here in my crib!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am all for destroying florida. But why does he have to wait till 2012?

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

No associations!

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

The Mayans seemed to think that this was the appropriate time. I figure their guess is no less likely than the JW's wrong predictions in the past.

I found this interesting (taken from wikipedia)

A baktun is 20 katun cycles of the ancient Maya Long Count Calendar. It contains 144,000 days or 400 tuns or nearly 400 tropical years. The Classic period of Maya civilization occurred during the 8th and 9th baktuns of the current calendrical cycle. The current (12th) baktun will end, or be completed, on 13.0.0.0.0 (December 21, 2012 using the GMT correlation). This also marks the beginning of the 13th baktun, as such a term is usually used among Mayanists.

I am surprised that the Witnesses aren't all over this, what with the Mayan's also using the number 144,000 and the WBTS always trying to justify it ...

er

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Well, I know this post was kind of meant in a joking "Hey, WahhHappened?" kind of way...but in all seriousness...I live in a gated community with an HOA. Our decision to do this was because, when we were looking for homes, we found several that we liked. There would be one or two really nice homes (one of wich we were considering the purchase of) and then half a block away, it looked like white trash heaven where the grass isn't cut...if there even is grass...the homes are unpainted, and you don't park on the street because that's what the front yard is for. I'm sorry, but from a home buyer prospective, I'd rather have some assurances that there will be at least SOME standards. That's not to say some communities don't go overboard...

We looked at one community and when I asked for the HOA covenants, it was a three ring binder fully 2 1/2 inches thick full of rules and regulations up to and including the provision that "any window treatment that is visible from outside the home must fit with the exterior decore of the surrounding properties." Now this means that if my neighbor thinks my curtains are tacky, they can make a fuss and I'd be forced to change my freakin' curtains INSIDE MY HOUSE! I don't mind some restrictive rules, but I also don't want it to go overboard. Fortunately, I have a place with some standards, but they aren't little nazis about it.

• Evidently
    Evidently

The concept of a HOA is a good thing, it sets rules for everyone to follow so that everyone's investment isn't affected by a neighbor who wants to paint is house hot pink with yellow trim, or build an aluminum shed in their front yard, or put a project car up on blocks in the driveway.......you get the picture. Unfortunately, some HOA Boards let the power go to their heads and become mini gestapo agents.They also sometimes let their personal feelings for neighbors interfere with their fairness in handling homeowners requests to the Archetectural Review Board to put up a fence, paint their house, add a pool, add a room, etc.

Moral to the story? These people are all elected by the residents......select wisely, these board members should have some kind of management background on their resume's to at least have some experience to fall back on when handling these neighborly situations. But even then, it's still a crap shoot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit