What is one word

by John Doe 23 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

"Err" pronounced "air."

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Are there no words that arouse your ire either through dislike of the sound or associations with that word?

Not one that I can think of, no. Perhaps I just can't think of one, though, because there's a word I hate so much I subconsciously refuse to bring it to mind. ;)

Jackie

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    "Err" pronounced "air."

lol... an elder in my hall used to make a big deal about that too. In reality both pronunciations are correct! Both "urr" and "air". Look it up!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Poster Whose Name I Cannot Pronounce:

lol... an elder in my hall used to make a big deal about that too. In reality both pronunciations are correct! Both "urr" and "air". Look it up!

I got your attention! I got your attention! Someone actually responded ...

I sit corrected. I went to Merriam Webster audio pronuciation and heard "air." Nevertheless, I will die a critic's death before I will learn to read modifying marks placed near or through a phoenician character. I love phoenix.

Don Adams (the Bethel version) commended me for pronouncing "err" properly (yes, PROPERLY!) in a Bethel prayer that I gave while I was serving at Bethel during the time I was a Bethelite at Bethel in Brooklyn.

Did I ever tell you that I served at Bet ............... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!

CoCo Down

• watson
    watson

Along horrible life's line, I had the word "nucular."

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

As we have gone down the pronunciation road... one of the most memorable talks I ever remember given was about the importance of using correct pronunciation at the door so we don't seem uneducated. The funny thing was the guy giving the talk had the most horrid pronunciation of anyone I knew. He always said Jehover instead of Jehovah. And what was great about the talk is he kept telling us how important correct pronounciation was... and he repeated the point over and over throughout his talk.

Ah, memories...

Jackie

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

As we have gone down the pronunciation road... one of the most memorable talks I ever remember given was about the importance of using correct pronunciation at the door so we don't seem uneducated. The funny thing was the guy giving the talk had the most horrid pronunciation of anyone I knew. He always said Jehover instead of Jehovah. And what was great about the talk is he kept telling us how important correct pro noun ciation was... and he repeated the point over and over throughout his talk.

Ah, memories...

Wow, I remember that talk. It was in a congregation in Oklahoma.

pseudo

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It was probably more than one congregation. I remember that kind of thing too - pronounciate. Hahahahaha! However, I have to remember that I once criticized someone's "grammer" on this site and was clobbered by everyone. Too funny. Shot myself in the foot.

• hot mama
    hot mama

with pronounced as wif

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit