1963 All Scripture Is Inspired of God And Beneficial--PDF!

by Atlantis 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Garybuss:

Booby:

Thank you!

N.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Hope4Others:

perhaps it may go around the world.....

LOL! After the material is scanned and put on CD, he throws it away and it has sure filled a lot of garbage cans!

Thank you!

N.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I was picturing him gluing all the pages back in the binding after.....

Guess that theory went out the window....lol

tee hee hee

h40

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Thanks

I remember it
    Was 8 years old

Sigh

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Hope4Others:

LockedChaos:

Thank you!

N.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I remember this book too. I guess I was about 7. It makes me nauseous to look at these old books. My mother died in May. We cleaned out her attic and there were boxes of old JW books. They all went on the street for trash pickup. I don't understand why so many of you want these books. Can someone enlighten me?

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

scarred for life:
    Maybe I can help enlighten you a bit...a few of us want these older publications so we can show our believing family members how many times the society has recanted something it said earlier or completely taught something totally different from what it teaches today.
    If you only knew how many of my family have said stuff like the society never taught this or that. I just smile and grab a older publication and say something like will you read this to me and explain why you feel they didn't teach this?

A good case in point is to take a older Awake magazine (pre-1995) and turn to the front and show them were it says in the purpose of why the Awake is published. Last sentence of why Awake is published. Here is the quote.
    Awake January 8,1991 Quote: "Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

Notice how it says Creators promise. You think when something turns out to be the words of man and not the Creators that he is happy with it?
    In the newest Awakes it drops the generation of 1914 or any mention of generation but instead says the Creators promise that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This was the book I actually liked reading during the meetings -- it was filled with interesting questions about the books of the Bible, like their authorship, date, purpose, destination, etc. That kind of got me started on pursuing these subjects at a much deeper level. Of course, now I can see as I suspected then that the argumentation in this book is quite facile and unscholarly, but it sure helped pass the time in those godawful Thursday night meetings.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

StoneWall:

Good answer StoneWall!

If someone were to mention that the Watchtower leadership as good as admitted to be "false prophets" in a court of law, "under oath," would the person your speaking to believe you? Or, would they want to see some proof!

I have known several people who left the Watchtower organization because they just did not realize, that the Watchtower taught that Jesus was "mediator" for only the 144,000. But, they had to "see" this in Watchtower literature to believe it.

We must be able to "back-up" our statements with "proof" otherwise, the person we are speaking to will assume we are making the whole thing up. They will say, "Your making this whole thing up because you have a grudge against the Watchtower Society." We just want to be able to "prove" what we say is true! Nothing more, nothing less!

N.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Leolaia:

but it sure helped pass the time in those godawful Thursday night meetings.

Now, there is a true statement! Sometimes it was a real job just staying awake. I felt sorry for the children to!

N.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit