Perfect Love

by Aculama 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aculama
    Aculama

Let me run this by you all and see what you think. It seems to me that every individual has their own ideas about everything from religion to politics. These ideas are formed and shaped by many things ( station in life, parents, social background, education, ect.). When people are young and not set in their ways they are still busy trying to grasp everything and understand the "world" around them. When they have grown older, many times they feel they have come to a place where they are confident in what they believe about the "world" around them. It then becomes a contest to rally suport for established ideas (one persons veiws vs anothers). I think the quest for truth becomes a defence of perceived truth. This sometimes leads to frustration, debate, and even war. I believe that perfect Love can defuse this process.

Perfect Love is an action as well as an idea. I'm not talking about a false, "warm fuzzy", Hippy kind of thing. I'm talking about sicerely responding to everyone I come in contact with truth, honesty, and compassion. To understand Love is to understand correction. An example would be punishing a child for playing in the street to save him from being hurt or killed. But correction must be done in Love or it only brings about contempt. Some may debate to prove their point. If this is done in Love it may serve to help someone understand and grow, but if it is done to satisfy a sense of competition it can rarely benifit both parties.

I have found that by doing everything possible to serve, help, and encourage those around me at home and on my job my life has dramatically changed for the better. When I run into a difficult personality, I simply give all my energy to developing a positive relationship with them. I have had to learn to bite my tounge and do what's best for the company and the difficult person. In the end, after commiting to this, the good that has come back to me has far outweighed the bad. The law of sewing and reaping is Truth and its foundation is Love.

I have also found that it is very hard to stop self destructive behvior (sin) from my own strength, but allowing myself to Love and serve others seems to push it out of my life. I struggled for years with poor job satisfaction, mediocre marriage, and general depression over my life situation. My Christian life had slowly become a "religion" I couldn't live up to. By letting me see the world through His eyes God has shown me it's more about the absolutes of perfect Love and Truth than it is about me trying to work my way through some religious system. Make no mistake I have strong convictions, but more people want to know what they are now that they see this change in me.

My intention is not to toot my own horn. Through the mask of the internet you don't know who I am, so I have nothing to gain. My only hope is that someone will reply who can inspire me in other ways to show the perfect Love of Christ. Thank you and God bless!

• Aculama
    Aculama

!!!!!!!!!

• Aculama
  • Gregor
    Gregor

I'm all for whatever works. Sounds like you have found something that works for you. Stick with it.

Best wishes.

Gregor

• snowbird
    snowbird

I enjoyed your exposition on love.

From The Message Bible:

1 Corinthians 13: 13 But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

Sylvia

• happehanna
    happehanna

Well it is said that:

'Love pushes fear outside'

You might have heard that but I struggle to really understand what it means and how it is applied.

It also say to 'Love your neighbour as yourself' not more the same.

• milligal
    milligal

Although I applaud your self scarificing spirit, I completely disagree. Difficult people definitely exist, but so do educated people, who base their opinions on sound theories and scholarly references to prove their points. Someone has to be right, or at least someone has to take the lead and be able to prove why they should be allowed to.

Growth comes from productive disagreements. While I agree that competing to win an argument can be counter-productive, when both parties of the argument adhere to singular standards then when one 'wins' it can simply mean that person proved his or her point successfully. Our entire legal system (US) is based on this premise. Many companies train their employees in 'interpersonal skills' to be able to disagree and have discussions that end with some spark or brain storming that promotes the business goal.

I would never be happy surrounding myself with people who did not challenge me. While I'm sure you are a very nice person who has helped many, I don't think your theory is relevant to many aspects of life. I hope this doesn't come across sounding harsh, but hopefully this helps you to understand those that you may interpret as being 'difficult'.

• Aculama
    Aculama

Milligal:

You don't sound harsh or mean. I appreciate your input. My ability to express myself properly in written word is somewhat feeble. I agree with your point of veiw. The kind of people I'm talking about are the type who have an unpleasant disposition or just rub me the wrong way. I love to be challenged by an opposing point of veiw though. What I'm saying is when I can live what I believe it sort of makes my point for me (concerning faith), plus reaping the rewards of returned kindness has served to make me a happier person in general.

Thanks to all for your input. There are really some great folks on here.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I agree with Milligal because what she said is consistent with my own life experience. My father was a "go along to get along" type with everyone, Mr Easy Going. But the dirty little secret that only my mother, my sisters and I knew was that he indulged an angry alcoholic rant on a regular basis in the privacy of home with only his family to take the abuse which was often physical. Maybe that's why my sisters and I grew up to be outspoken people who generally don't take any shit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit