Is It True The WT Society Just Changed President ?

by Explorer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Explorer
    Explorer

There is a word going on down here that the WT Society has changed President, and that the new guy apointed for the job is Non - Anoited. Is that posibly thruth or just a joke going arround? Has anyone heard such a thing? If it were truth...could it mean a doctrinal change? or preparation for a move ahead?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

How recent are you talking Explorer?

I was under the impression that this happened several months ago.

As for doctinal change, well if you mean will there be no annointed left soon, those figures simply do not add up. The 144000 interpretation falls down on purely mathematical criteria.

As for a move ahead. Most think it's just the current leaders trying to cover their backs against any legal reprisals. shifting responsibility to some poor fall guys

• Explorer
    Explorer

I am talking present time, some one who would be Post - Henshel, wouldn't know exactly when, but should be this year, perhaps the second semester I think. It's just a word among some Elders and MS´S that I know, so don't know if it is true.

• Explorer
    Explorer

My point is : Is the CURRENT president of the WT ANOITED or NOT acording to the Org. itself? If NOT ANNOITED, I do think it would be a major turn point in their views. And it definitely will serve its purpose in the near future.

So Who is the Actual president of the WT as for TODAY?, and IS he ANNOITED

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm not sure where you've been Explorer, but I guess not exploring the WTS!

In Oct. 2000, over a year ago, the Society totally changed its legal arrangement. Max Larsen is now president. None of the Gov Body hold any legal positions (pres/vice pres/sec/treas) for any of the legal entities that make up the WTS.

Doctrinal changes? Nah. Covering their collective asses in case of legal action against a Gov Body that has had its head up its ass for decades, along with its foot in its mouth, resulting in a lot of embarrassing, and potentially dangerous (ie: think lawsuits) organizational decisions.

S4

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

In that case its true.

Happened in spring I think. When they changed the name of all the Corporations.

So how exactly are the Elders and MSs you know viewing the changes?

• Explorer
    Explorer

Thanks Seeker, I guess these people here are getting it all wrong. I do understand the difference the Org. is trying to make between the Corp. itself and the GB. The GB members are ALL annoited according to themselves, includding its President, but the president of the Corp. does not make a difference what he is. He should be a good CEO and that's all.

What confused me was that the people I got the word from were thinking in terms of the president of the GB. By the way, they took it very well even so, as they see it as a show of new light coming from the Org., and how the Org. is preparing the way ahead for more years of waiting for the New Order to come, in case the Annoited finally die some day.

• thewiz
    thewiz

I made a post about this a while back maybe a month ago

If you look on the inside front cover of a WT you will see

President: N.H. Larson

Secretary Treasurer G.F. Simonis

I talked to my brother-in-law (an "Elder" in bethel) and he said Milton Henschel lost the ability to speak. I don't know If it was snuck in or what. It may have been mentioned at a meeting in a letter or it may have been in one of the mags, other than the inside cover. I didn't ask if he was of the anointed, I just assumed he was. If I remember correctly he said the guy was in his 70's.

• LDH
    LDH
    or preparation for a move ahead?

All together now!

Move ahead, move ahead to futility!

Lisa

• blondie
    blondie

I think that is "M" for Max: Max H. Larson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest