Africa

by zagor 14 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

Mix religion with chronic lack of information and what do you get? Exploitation of mind, soul and body. This is one of the resources-richest continents and yet people there live in an extreme poverty. And what do western nation give these people? Ammo and Bible.

check this slide show...

http://www.heathermcclintock.com/#mi=2&pt=1π10000&s=0&a=0&at=0&p=0

• Satanus
    Satanus

What SHOULD the western nations give africa? Whose responsibility is africa?

S

• zagor
    zagor
    What SHOULD the western nations give africa? Whose responsibility is africa?

You're right, for all the gold, diamantes, oil, wood, uranium western nations are getting for cheep they gave these people exactly what they needed, Ammo and Bible. Need I say more?

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

The whites are NOT to blame for all of the Africans miseries. Many times the blacks are their own worst enemies. Look at Mugabe, everything was OK until he kicked out the white farmers. What the Africans need to do is to get rid of all the corrupt leaders, whatever color they are, bring in true democracy and some True Christian values, both of which they have never had.

• zagor
    zagor

That would be a very interesting argument LR were it not for the fact that for some reason reminds me of this elder once telling me "you know, organization cannot possibly be responsible for YOU not being able to find your place within it and just be happy"

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Need I say more?'

How about listing all the aid efforts, big and small, religious and secular, ngo and govt over the period of many decades? How about listing the continuous un efforts in africa in education, food, womens issues, military peace keeping efforts, etc? You missed a lot.

Most peoples would have used their natural resources to better themselves. Take canada, for instance. Why cannot africans get themselves together, organize themselves to get fair prices? Heck, saudi arabia was able to do that.

S

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Don't repeat the foolish comments of one elder and apply it to Africa.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I also give to the UN African relief Fund, but what they need to do is to shoot the leaders and bring in some real people from the west, who know how to run a country without butchering each other.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Look at Mugabe, everything was OK until he kicked out the white farmers. "

Everything was OK for the whites, you mean? I wouldn't say Mr. Smith's apartheid was proof positive that everything was OK.

"what they need to do is to shoot the leaders and bring in some real people from the west, who know how to run a country without butchering each other."

Like your beloved cowboy Bush?

• zagor
    zagor

You guys are funny I give you that. No one said UN is not doing its bit. What is sucking the blood out of Africa are collaborative efforts of various businesses while their governments are standing silent. There is a strange feeling that someone has interest in “divide and conquer” policy across the continent. What I find rather amusing is how the weapons end up in Africa legally in the first place, and it has been happening for decades now. One would be almost moved to believe in the plot behind the movie “The Lord of War” to simplify it. When there was a war in former Yugoslavia western nations have largely succeeded in putting the embargo on import of weapons (interestingly on those who were defending themselves against Serb invasion, Croatia and Bosnia) but at the same time latest weaponry is being allowed to end up in places in Africa it clearly should not have. Of course, it is too big a continent which is harder to police, right? There is so much to be said about that too but I’ll skip.
    Anyway, I’m not expecting you to agree on it, though it is good to pause and see what is happening, for if we don’t next generation in west will be faced with hundreds of millions of refugees knocking at our doors, just to mention one thing.

I agree with you that they need a better management. What is happening now is that years of exploitation have allowed monsters such as Mugabe to rise to power, and stay there. But I think we sometimes tend to have a very short memory and forget the whole history behind it and why it ended up the way it did. But what pisses me off the most is the role of religion in stupefying people and keeping them that way while their world is falling apart. That was pretty much the point I was trying to put across with this topic and not to go deeper into politics. But since you have already gone there I had to comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit