Google Chrome

by DanTheMan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Sadly it's not out for the Mac yet.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Installed, 10 seconds, uninstalled!!!

I did find a bug in the installation. I might have reported it if they made it a little easier for me to do so.

I guess I might be harsh, because I am an ex-software engineer, but the look and feel was all wrong. The speed was there, though. I won't bother checking on it for a while, though, because I can't deal with that user interface as it stands.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Using it now. I have problems with formatting using Firefox. Will see if this any better. Eyeslice

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

It's super fast. This is how I always imagined the internet one day. I'm blown away. And it doesn't use up so much space on my screen. I get to see more internet and less bars.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Wow, what a bunch of geeks you all are jumping on the new tech. Yes, it is really fast. The CTRL-Click opening links in new tabs on JWD is really quick. Unfortunately we don't get the nice text formatter when posting here like we get in IE. The UI is Brilliant! I can see incorporating some of these ideas in my future apps.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Chrome may be fast but there is a perhaps a privacy issue with using the Google search engine since they keep a file on the searches made by each individual, do they not? To evade that I use www.scroogle.net (though who really knows if they are not also up to some trick?) which means searcing with Google through a proxy, gone are the Google ads on the search results pages and hopefully the searches tracking.

Given the above I would really think before using Chrome though if not visiting suspect sites it's not really a problem unless like me you feel nervous about others building a profile of you through your searches, perhaps most people don't really care about this profile building.

JK Jeff you can use an addon to embed IE in Firefox to get the full tool collection for the posting box, find at:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit