safe place KH?!?!?!!?

by loosie 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Loosie,

Maybe your friend will just live at the KH so as not to ever die. I suppose starving to death because of not having food there would be a pre-existing condition...?

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

No one knows when they will die or how. ECC. 9:11 "Time and unforseen occurrence befall us all."

• mustang
    mustang

I knew a "brother" that had more than one Bible study commit suicide

Mustang

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

The uneducated misuse of numbers is one of my pet peeves.

A very small percentage of people die in kingdom halls because the vast majority of people are smart enough to avoid those places.

Let's see the stats comparing percentage of jws with depression compared with non-jws.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, the average active witless only spends about 6 hours a week at the Kingdumb Hell (not including the book study, which is soon to be discontinued). That is out of 168 hours a week. Factor in that there are 1,000 people per witless, and the deaths at the Kingdumb Hell are reasonably expected to be low.

What they don't tell is how many people die in accidents or otherwise while out in field circus. And, if they are too tired from spending all their time out in field circus, they are that much more likely to have an accident or develop a "pre-existing" condition. And the trips to the Kingdumb Hell are quite dangerous as well. Not to mention the Pioneer Diet.

Besides, how many people wish they were dead at the Kingdumb Hell?

• chickpea
    chickpea

i know of an elderly couple
    whose only child was killed
    by a drunk driver whlist returning
    home from a pioneer meeting.....

is the message: dont pioneer?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

When I found out that most deaths occur within 25 miles of home, I moved.

(you can stop laughing now)

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Why should twisting statistics be any different than twisting scripture???

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here are some better numbers.

http://www.livescience.com/environment/050106_odds_of_dying.html

So chances are, a Jehovah's Witness in the Kingdom Hall will most likely die of a heart attack. One in five odds!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I don't know if any public place is safe anymore. I'm not so sure a hall or any other house of worship is necessarily the safest place either.

In the late 70s or early 80s there was the hall down under where somebody placed a bomb under the podium which injured or killed people in the front rows.

Many years ago I heard a story of a man who went into a hall and shot either his wife or somebody else. I also noticed many if not all halls have the equivalent of 'bouncers' in the back of the hall to 'greet' or intercept anybody who comes in.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit